Manny's Weight Class Range VS Floyd's

andyloveshugs - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 
gorillagrappling - 
Barry_BondsMVP - Anderson Silva also didn't go through multiple weight classes dominating.You're a man once you hit 18, Manny was a man when he got KO'd.
You can't be serious. Haha!!! I was a three time state champion in high school at wrestling. After 6 months of wrestling in the military, I was an entirely different animal. My 20 year old self would have fucked my 19 year old self up. Phone Post 3.0

Karo was 17-18 years old fucking up grown men in MMA, Aaron Pico would probably out wrestle your 19-20 year old self lol, Mayweather and Tyson were both champs by time they hit 20-21, what's your point? lol

are you trying to be stupid or are you just being cheeky with him?

those guys all started training, for a professional career, at a much earlier time than others.

Manny already 3+ years of experiece as a professional with over 20 fights when he got KO'd....point I made he wasn't some boy like he keeps saying

FreeVNasty - posting in a pactard thread.

I think you'll find that an argument for his doing steroids was already posted, how he climbed weight class after weight class, and seemed to have more power at the highest class than he did before, whereas in every other case in history, guys lose power. Floyd has no power at 147, he had it at 135. These things happen, not really a big deal, but Pacquiao magically has one punch knockout power the higher weight class he's in. You chose to not address this point when it was brought up earlier in the thread because you have no argument for it, you just deflected.
I like Manny, I don't think he's on steroids, but him retaining his power the higher he goes all while retaining speed, all under scrutiny from numerous people suspecting him of steroid use and then dodging OSDT for the Mayweather fight, and it becomes more difficult to just say "He was a kid" over and over.

it's strange how Pacquiao fans take any legitimate question as a chance to just proclaim how, against all odds, Manny Pacquiao made it. I get it. Now tell me about how Marquez is on steroids because he has knockout power to end Pacquiao, but ignore the point when it comes up for your boy.

gitgud.

Barry_BondsMVP - 

I think you'll find that an argument for his doing steroids was already posted, how he climbed weight class after weight class, and seemed to have more power at the highest class than he did before, whereas in every other case in history, guys lose power. Floyd has no power at 147, he had it at 135. These things happen, not really a big deal, but Pacquiao magically has one punch knockout power the higher weight class he's in. You chose to not address this point when it was brought up earlier in the thread because you have no argument for it, you just deflected.
I like Manny, I don't think he's on steroids, but him retaining his power the higher he goes all while retaining speed, all under scrutiny from numerous people suspecting him of steroid use and then dodging OSDT for the Mayweather fight, and it becomes more difficult to just say "He was a kid" over and over.

it's strange how Pacquiao fans take any legitimate question as a chance to just proclaim how, against all odds, Manny Pacquiao made it. I get it. Now tell me about how Marquez is on steroids because he has knockout power to end Pacquiao, but ignore the point when it comes up for your boy.

gitgud.

I admit, not my area at all...
....but if someone is constantly staying extremely lean and then strength trains and puts on muscle, aren't they going to be heavier and hit harder?

Why is that strong evidence of PEDs?
Is there no other examples at all of someone who has performed better by going up in class?

Does the logic that Pac retained/improved his power at higher weights go along the same line as JMM having more power for their 4th fight?

no doubt JMM was juicing, Nacho said no to a 5th Manny fight because they wanted stricter testing, go figure lol.

Ariza is a snake and I'm suspecious of his fighters he's worked with. Khan, Manny and JCC had all at one time complained of cramping in between rounds, I wouldn't trust him.

FingerorMoon - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

gitgud.

....but if someone is constantly staying extremely lean and then strength trains and puts on muscle, aren't they going to be heavier and hit harder?

Is there no other examples at all of someone who has performed better by going up in class?

How about Vinny Pazienza who previously fought at lightweight before injuring his spine....then came back to boxing at super middleweight. Gaining over 30 lbs of muscle and it was no surprise to anyone he had used steroids to recover from his injury. He did pretty well at super middleweight also until he decided he would fight Roy Jones Jr. Steroids or not Jones boxed his socks off.

Pretty much every professional fighter at one time or another has tried or still does steroids. Like the saying goes "if you're not cheating, you're not trying".

Eddie Guerrero's mantra....LIE, CHEAT, and STEAL.

No doubt at some time in the past both Manny and Floyd have done some type of steroids. Are they both still doing them? Who knows? Testing for steroids will only become a game of who can cheat and not get caught. I say just fight and let's see who wins. BTW I think Pacquiao wins if they fight within the next year or so.

Mayweather hasn't really grown much just because he wins at 154 means nothing he is a small 147 and weighs around 150 in ring shit he is smaller than most JWW Phone Post 3.0

LoneWolf50 - 
FingerorMoon - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

gitgud.

How about Vinny Pazienza who previously fought at lightweight before injuring his spine....then came back to boxing at super middleweight. Gaining over 30 lbs of muscle and it was no surprise to anyone he had used steroids to recover from his injury. He did pretty well at super middleweight also until he decided he would fight Roy Jones Jr. Steroids or not Jones boxed his socks off.

Vinnie also didn't carry near as much pop on his punches when he went up, even with steroids, all the weights and muscles. Manny has carried his power up with him, atleast until recently. That is one of the troubling signs that make people question his use of PED's. In the history of boxing, just about every fighter had the effect of their punches that landed on opponents lessen as the increased in weight.

He didn't dodge the random drug tests so much as was looking to not give in to terms outside of boxing being imposed on him. In the last series of negotiations that went on for 6 weeks before it all crumpled (I forget which year) there was alot of back & forth on the testing, at a final sitdown meeting he was good with testing up till 10 days before the fight and immediately after.  A fair enough compromise for his bargaining stature at that time. Everyone else on both camps were in agreement and ready to go except one, moment of truth and Floyd balked, Shaefer threw his hands up wondering wtf.  I asked back then and still to this day haven't gotten a straight answer on a PED that would have any effect 10 days out from a fight and immediately after the fight.  10 days was a fair compromise back then.

PTM2020 - 

He didn't dodge the random drug tests so much as was looking to not give in to terms outside of boxing being imposed on him. In the last series of negotiations that went on for 6 weeks before it all crumpled (I forget which year) there was alot of back & forth on the testing, at a final sitdown meeting he was good with testing up till 10 days before the fight and immediately after.  A fair enough compromise for his bargaining stature at that time. Everyone else on both camps were in agreement and ready to go except one, moment of truth and Floyd balked, Shaefer threw his hands up wondering wtf.  I asked back then and still to this day haven't gotten a straight answer on a PED that would have any effect 10 days out from a fight and immediately after the fight.  10 days was a fair compromise back then.

THANK YOU! I remember the contract bickering about the blood testing and remember this part pretty clear.

I do remember reading that Pac eventually signed the contract exactly as mayweather wanted it, and mayweather wouldn't sign his own contract.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1343383-manny-pacquiao-agrees-to-everything-mayweather-wants-to-secure-his-next-fight

It was pretty messed up, I really wanted to see the fight, but all the whining about drugs and purse splits really ruined it. Now manny looks like he's lost a step or two, so even if the fight happens, it won't be nearly as big as it could've/should've been.

Skpotamus -
PTM2020 - 

THANK YOU! I remember the contract bickering about the blood testing and remember this part pretty clear.

I do remember reading that Pac eventually signed the contract exactly as mayweather wanted it, and mayweather wouldn't sign his own contract.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1343383-manny-pacquiao-agrees-to-everything-mayweather-wants-to-secure-his-next-fight

It was pretty messed up, I really wanted to see the fight, but all the whining about drugs and purse splits really ruined it. Now manny looks like he's lost a step or two, so even if the fight happens, it won't be nearly as big as it could've/should've been.
This. I am a huge PBF fan but 3 yrs ago Manny had the best chance of anyone to beat him. I think Flyod probably would have won a close decision then, but now the fight doesn't really interest me that much. Manny has clearly lost a step, Flyod is also a little slower but he has and always will have his boxing technician skills, that Manny will never have. At this point I think there are multiple fighters that could give Floyd a better fight then Manny could Phone Post 3.0

OmgItsTheWams - Mayweather hasn't really grown much just because he wins at 154 means nothing he is a small 147 and weighs around 150 in ring shit he is smaller than most JWW Phone Post 3.0
5 weight classes, sir. Phone Post 3.0