Marc Ratner quits NSAC,joins ZUFFA

well, the sanctioning organizations exist. i never said they were as big as boxing organizations.

The ICSF? You mean the International Collective in Support of Fishworkers? Or maybe the Italian Canadian Sport Federation? Or is it the Inner City Scholarship Fund?

" well, the sanctioning organizations exist. i never said they were as big as boxing organizations."

Do they actually sanction any fights?

Yes - with smaller promotions.

www.iscfmma.com/

you can see their rankings, sanctioned events, etc.

That link doesn't work.

fixed

go to uskba.com and see what they have. IIRC, their rankings were posted somewhere, like in an old Ultimate Athlete or something. and the WKA sanctions MMA shows down in virginia.

NEWS FLASH
Ratner quits, will join UFC!
Marc Ratner, long time executive director of the Nevada Athletic Commission is resigning to accept a position with the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Ratner will become a vice president with UFC handling regulatory issues. "He's very knowledge about mixed martial arts and he's one of the most knowledgeable guys anywhere about combat sports, and MMA is a combat sport," UFC owner Lorenzo Fertitta told the Las Vegas Review Journal. "Obviously, Marc's reputation is impeccable and his knowledge is first-rate, and people like that are the kinds of people we want working for us." Fertitta is a former memeber of the boxing commission. Ratner's last day with the commission will be May 13.
Friday, March 24 2006

This ISCF rankings might be the worst I have ever seen.

My God. That's like the GOP getting Colin Powell on as a VP candidate.

Very smart move.

[edited: arguing on the internet is pointless]

"If I had a nickel for everytime someone posted about having a nickel. . ."

ROFLMAO!!! I am going to use that one! lol

100 more pages of legal jargon on the way....

New filings out today law dog?

Maybe with Marc on the payroll we'll get STOMPS AND KNEES TO THE HEAD OF A GROUNDED OPPONENT BACK!!!!!

^^^

And open that door to Pride? And risk sanction again?

Nope. Don't think so.

New York needs its MMA.

-jk

ratner has a great reputaion, this is very good for mma

and lol @ the ug idiots thinking this is a bad thing

"I think it is apparent that the line of who regulates the sport has never been more grey."

I don't think that's apparent at all.