Marcelo Garcia laying down an ass whoopin!

What else is new, but this series of rolls are amazing.

It looks like they're training for something; MMA match, No Gi?

http://www.mginaction.com/VideoDetails.aspx?VideoId=15302

My MGinAction Tutorial: http://tinyurl.com/d78pavw

HOW TO FILLET A FISH: http://www.youtube.com/user/joelovesfishin?feature=mhsn

Awesome training.

(Marcelo isn't/wasn't training for any specific event)

WOW never seen Marcelo use an Anaconda before

joshjitsu - WOW never seen Marcelo use an Anaconda before

Yeah, he's been messing around with a lot of anaconda/d'arce/Japanese necktie shit recently, this is jackin me up, now I'm going to have to start adding that stuff back into my game now. :)

Wow. so intense. Some of his students are using his game VERY well.

The anaconda was nice. I see he's using Rafa's version where he uses the legs to tighten up the choke.

PrisonMattressPuncher - 

You're being sarcastic?

A choke is a choke is achoke to Marcelo. They are all basically the same.

yes but he used to say that he didnt like arm in chokes. guess he has changed his tune.

PrisonMattressPuncher - 

You're being sarcastic?

He taps everybody on his website with either the guillotine, the rear naked or the north south choke. When he does joint locks it's always the reverse armbar from his back or the monoplata that he is so good at.

I've been an MGinaction member for quite some time and I don't think I've ever seen him use an arm triangle/anaconda/darce variation even once. Marcelo has spoken on this before. He doesn't dig kimuras or arm triangle chokes because he says they have limitations basically.

Every ten minute Marcelo video turns into an hour after the number of times I have to rewind.

well, i guess he wants to play with some new stuff, which kicks ass.

This Marcelo guy is alright...I mean...has he even won anything?

PrisonMattressPuncher - 

You're being sarcastic?

I have been following Marcelo for years and that was the first time I have ever seen him do it.

I think I've see him use it once or twice on some more recent vids but definitely not a lot. That was one of the more exciting rolling vids though. Phone Post

sub

for later

I've seen him use the anaconda on one other occasion during sparring. He uses the "underhook and head control" (the site's nomenclature) arm-in choke quite often though. Phone Post

he's doing to chokes mainly to give the students a different look here and there and make them recognize the danger and be aware of what they might encounter from different players/games. his philosophy and game hasn't changed to include arm-in chokes.

delicious bass - he's doing to chokes mainly to give the students a different look here and there and make them recognize the danger and be aware of what they might encounter from different players/games. his philosophy and game hasn't changed to include arm-in chokes.

Makes sense, thanks for the clarification Paul. Phone Post

Wait until you guys see the video of him doing 23 berimbolo's.

kying418 - Wait until you guys see the video of him doing 23 berimbolo's.

My year subscription expired but does he show any defense to Berimbolo? Phone Post

drx604 - 
kying418 - Wait until you guys see the video of him doing 23 berimbolo's.

My year subscription expired but does he show any defense to Berimbolo? Phone Post

Sorry, just kidding.

I think he has 2 discussion videos discussing the defense to the berimbolo (one with our own Delicious Bass).

If I recall correctly:

1) First video, he talks about breaking grips, and making sure they dont establish the position in the first place...I remember him saying something like, "You have 2 hands and 2 feet, you can also break grips and establish position, instead of letting him do it"- awesome saying!

2) With his video with Delicious Bass, he talks about using the backstep pass to negate the DLR hook.

The details are fuzzy with both videos, I will have to rewatch them!