Marcelo Garcia's NYC class today

Goddamnit. You're twisting my arm and I haven't even shown up yet.

God willing, I'll be there tomorrow.

This makes me want to drive from B-More to NY at least once a month.

The best six months of my life have been at Studio X. Regardless of whats going on, and in this city there is usually something, I just feel better after training there. I'm just shocked there aren't more people considering the level of teacher and competitor there.

Marcelo, Fabio and the guys at Studio X have been great to me every time I have visited...Awesome people...Marcelo's classes are great and always fun too...He keeps the environment fun all while getting in some great training.

Jason

wow

If anyone's interested, I'll give a quick update on what we did in class tonight.

TTT

ttt

ttt

TTT for link to the thread in the BJJ forum!

http://www.nhbgear.com/forum/index.php/topic,75748.0.html

Its basically the same thread as on here. 

Hey, if you come by today or Sat, its nogi...forgot to mention that.  (nogi every weds and sat)

Also come by a bit earlier to introduce yourself and hang out (5:40ish or so).

Does he do takedowns in either the gi or no-gi classes?

Also, does he teach & expand upon & refine the stuff in his book?

Marcelo is a man that loves takedowns.

Depending on the size of class, we sometimes start on our feet. However, the class is usually a bit too crowded for that.

However, he has already warned me that we will be doing a lot of it once we move to the larger space.

"Also, does he teach & expand upon & refine the stuff in his book?"

Similar to his video series, he teaches what has worked for him in competition. Thus, I have seen him refine and expand on the moves he has shown on his tapes, as he hold nothing back.

Additionally, I have asked him numerous times to explain in further detail a certain move or position, and he has taken the time after class to work out the problems I have had.

Come on by!

"However, he has already warned me that we will be doing a lot of it once we move to the larger space."

Awesome news!

^^^

I'll tell you this, in his private bjj training sessions, he almost always starts from his feet...thats how much he values wrestling and takedowns.

Yeah...we start from the feet a lot...so it's good that if I go up there I have that to look forward to also.

One of my favorite MG highlights:

He wins his weight division, and the absolute division beating our UFC friends Gabriel Gonzaga and Renato Babalu:

Check out 3:39 of the clip. His arm drag to single leg to taking the back to choke is simply amazing.

2:40- MG takes Gonzaga's back.

1:40- Is the start of his Babalu match- another exciting and fast paced match.

kying I just finished actually reading what we have done for marcelo....the guy is insane. This book could completely change alot of peoples games.

Victorybelt.com

Diox- just remember to slip in a few pictures of your beautiful wife doing the xguard, and the book will be sure to sell like hotcakes.

The king is dead, long live the KING!

Marcelo rocks!!!

TTT