Marcelo Mundials?

Does anyone (perhaps one of his students) know if marcelo is doing the mundials this year? I saw in an interview with graciemag he said he probably would but he still hasn't registered.

He's not doing it Phone Post 3.0

Metamoris? Phone Post 3.0

He cant do Metamoris. They had to make room for Brenden Schaub so Marcelo was pushed out of the way

Marcelo is semi-retired at this point, He's got nothing left to prove andis working on all his students. HE brought Bernardo Faria in to help get guys ready for the Mundials. Maia was recently out there as well.

delicious bass - He's not doing it Phone Post 3.0

Any chance he does ADCC?

liquidrob - 
delicious bass - He's not doing it Phone Post 3.0

Any chance he does ADCC?

When he was interviewed at Pans he was pretty noncommittal about ADCC. It looks to me like he may be done competing entirely. Especially since he missed all of last year with an injury.

BigEyedFish - He cant do Metamoris. They had to make room for Brenden Schaub so Marcelo was pushed out of the way
Lol Phone Post 3.0

No ADCC, no Metamoris, no Mundials ...
:-(

Alex17 - No ADCC, no Metamoris, no Mundials ...

But still #1 in my heart.

kying418 - 
Alex17 - No ADCC, no Metamoris, no Mundials ...

But still #1 in my heart.

LOL.

One of the all time greats for sure. Everyone has to retire from competition at some point... I prefer when people do it before they start getting beaten by people they'd have smashed in their prime (like Ali, Tyson, Liddell etc...). I'm sure Marcelo has years left in him, but it's his choice :)

Why would he consider retiring? He's at the top of his game. Best in the world. It's not like he's old. Or had a bad run.

Soul Gravy - Why would he consider retiring? He's at the top of his game. Best in the world. It's not like he's old. Or had a bad run.

Injury is a big reason. Another might be that he is putting all his energy into running his school, a much more profitable and rewarding enterprise for him than competing an another competition.

Marcelo is the best! Phone Post

bjh13 - 
Soul Gravy - Why would he consider retiring? He's at the top of his game. Best in the world. It's not like he's old. Or had a bad run.

Injury is a big reason. Another might be that he is putting all his energy into running his school, a much more profitable and rewarding enterprise for him than competing an another competition.

All of that plus the fact he wants to have a family. There was a vid shot of him a few months ago and he said how he had put a ton of time into competition but still wanted kids, and he was not wanting to do competition if he and the wife were trying to have kids as he wants to be their for his family. So there ya go, he may come back for the odd superfight but he prob is done.