March is going to be tremendous for MMA and combat sports

shavkhat on the prelims while 3 wmma fights on the main card .

And now we’ll never get Jones/Ngannou . Fuck

I’m looking forward to chito vera vs sandhagen in Feb

Alexa is a total cutie pie

1 Like

Not in the March thread you’re not, punk.

So somehow O’Malley thinks he has even the slightest chance of fighting Cejudo for an interim title on the Jones card despite the Shevchenko fight announced and a 3rd title fight featuring Nunes already being rumored? Ok bro, ok…

With UFC bantamweight champion Aljamain Sterling still not ready to fight, Sean O’Malley wants an interim title shot.

Sterling (22-3 MMA, 14-3 UFC) currently is healing from a bicep injury and doesn’t want to risk rushing for his likely title defense against former two-division champ Henry Cejudo. Sterling even recently said on The MMA Hour he wouldn’t be mad if the UFC opted to book Cejudo against O’Malley for an interim belt.

Tired of waiting for the promotion to announce an official date for Sterling vs. Cejudo, O’Malley (16-1 MMA, 8-1 UFC) thinks the UFC 285 card could use a boost, and he’s ready to fight Cejudo (16-2 MMA, 10-2 UFC) for the interim title March 4 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

“Perfect: Me vs. Henry for the interim belt (at UFC 285),” O’Malley said on his YouTube channel. “Tell me that ain’t fire?”

ACA has booked a HW title fight for March 17th.
ACA 154 Quick Card

Bellator has a card on the last day of the month…
Bellator 293 Quick Card

KSW has an event on the 17th and PFL has 3 Challenger Series events and 1 PFL Europe event as well. RIZIN will likely do a show that month if I had to guess but no news yet.

It won’t take Dana long to water down these great matchups by adding women’s frights to the card.

Shhhhhhhhh!!!

From Amanda Nunes?

The Nunes fight is no longer planned for UFC 285 so its down to two title fights.

Turner vs Hooker added to 285.

1 Like

Oktagon is also starting a 16 man WW tournament on March 4th with the eight first round fights and a alternate fight as well. The next morning they are doing a random draw show with the eight winning fighters selecting a number and that determines who they fight in the quarters. They are also having online fans vote for who the 16th participant in the tournament will get to be once they announce the 15 fighters.

I’ve never seen Oktagon but I’d like to watch this.

1 Like

Nice. A lot to look forward to on that list. Not the wmma

That will be an awesome matchup

2 Likes

Not sure who these guys are except for Hathaway but it might be worth checking out.

Yeah I don’t know anything about the field besides I see at fightmatrix that Oktagon has a few UFC vets like Zawada, Leandro Silva and Bojan Velickovic along with Hathaway.

The field would not be why I watch, I’m thinking about it just because I have not watched eight fights in a sixteen man tourny in a single night in so many years… Its just an old NHB tradition we don’t see almost ever now. Even the first round usually gets spread out on two shows with promotions like Bellator.

RIZIN used to do eight fights in one night to start tournaments but even with them, in their last big tournament they spread those fights out over two shows

I’d just watch it as a throwback.

1 Like

Yeah pretty much this.

I like this fight a lot, like a lot a lot.

1 Like

Sandhagen beat Song in the fall and Vera is coming off that sick KO of Cruz last summer.

Vera is riding a four fight win streak here and either man could be real close to a title fight with an impressive win here but especially Vera.

#4 vs #5 here.