MARCUS AURELIO TO THE UFC!!!

Marcus "Maximus" Aurelio has signed a 4 fight deal with the UFC!!

Great news for Marcus who gets to showcase his skills to a whole new audience.
Marcus has an  incredible Jiu-Jitsu, and is best known for his ZST Grand Prix tournament victories, and his stunning win over then PRIDE Champion Takanori Gomi.

Marcus is extremely excited about fighting for the UFC and competing in this talented division.

Congratulations and Good Luck!!

AMERICAN TOP TEAM

Good news....I want to see Maximus/Franca

Looks like the UFC is just going to take Pride's fighters. Bocek vs. Aurelio would be pretty sweet.

great news, congrats to marcus

is ufc going to leave anyone left in pride?

^^ NO!

another nice pickup for the UFC.....just because he signs with the UFC doesnt mean they wont let him fight in PRIDE

Nice:) Great News!!!! Congarts

JAG:)

Awesome. Aurelio is a top 5 LW as far as I'm concerned.

lol @ idiots who say UFC i protects their guys

awesome news !!!

good for him!

I wonder if their slowness to sign some of the Japanese Pride stars (Gomi, Aoki, Sakurai, Kawajiri) to the UFC brand is any indication that they do plan on keeping Pride alive in some form.

Cool, 155 or 170?

Outstanding!!!

Wow

Instant title contender.

Awesome news!

answer orcus

99% sure he'll be at LW

UMMMM. Aurelio will be brought in to make the Sean Sherk look good.

Sean Sherk is a bigger version of Ishida and will win in the same way.

Why aren't they bringing in Kawajiri, Gomi, Sakurai, Hansen, GUYS THAT WOULD WRECK THE UFC LW division?

"UMMMM. Aurelio will be brought in to make the Sean Sherk look good."

LOL, sort of like he was brought in to make Gomi look good?

"Sean Sherk is a bigger version of Ishida and will lose in the same way."

Lose in the same way? Ishida beat Aurelio.

"Why aren't they bringing in Kawajiri, Gomi, Sakurai, Hansen, GUYS THAT WOULD WRECK THE UFC LW division?"

We will see these guys eventually. Either that or they're not going to completely dissolve Pride and they figure these guys are more valuable in Japan. Don't pretend like Aurelio isn't a top-flight signing.