MARCUS AURELIO TO THE UFC!!!

sorry waht I mean was Sean Sherk would beat Aurelio in the same way that Ishida did.

Marcus Aurelio will be part of the 155lbs div.

florian v aurelio zuffa make it happen!

Aurelio will fight at 155.

EY- The guys you mentioned are all top fighters, but I think Aurelio has the ability to sub a guy like Sherk. Show some love for an ex-PRIDE fighter!

American Top Team

"
Aurelio will fight at 155.

EY- The guys you mentioned are all top fighters, but I think Aurelio has the ability to sub a guy like Sherk. Show some love for an ex-PRIDE fighter!

American Top Team"

HI. I believe Aurelio is a top fighter too and I think he can be a champ in the UFC. However stylewise, i think an Aurelio/Sherk fight is similar to Aurelio/Ishida. Aurelio is always improving and is also far more tested than sherk having beaten the true #1 LW in Gomi.

I'm excitied for this acquisition, just wondering why they haven't got some of the other big names.

great addition

i hope that he has the 1st gomi fight intensity rather then the second

he blows caution to the wind and he can beat anyone

""Why aren't they bringing in Kawajiri, Gomi, Sakurai, Hansen, GUYS THAT WOULD WRECK THE UFC LW division?""

Gomi couldn't even wreck Diaz, who was dominated by Sherk. Kawajiri couldn't wreck Melendez, who is an inferior wrestler and boxer to Frank Edgar. Sakurai couldn't wreck Hughes, and cannot make 155.

How is Melendez an inferior boxer compared to Edgar?

Diaz was never dominated by Sherk. Try watching the match. You clearly havent seen it. Melendez would overpower and tko Edgar.

nice

orcus as usual continues to talk out his ass. Comparing fights between weight classes and using MMA math to prove a point is beyond ridiculous.

And anybody who actually saw the kawajiri/melendez fight knew it was dead heat.

And who made the argument that melendez was a UFC fighter? he is clearly delusional. Bringing up irrelevant crap.

Awesome news.

"
How is Melendez an inferior boxer compared to Edgar?"

I'm just guessing based on their standup in the fights I've seen. Melendez is energetic but extremely sloppy. Edgar is crisp and accurate.

i like edgar and his recent win

but come on...melendez is a different animal at this point

melendez would win

sweet.

WOW!!! in a way that's good and that kinda sucks.... it feels like the UFC is gonna come close to folding Pride, or just lease it just a level below UFC now.. dunno... either way Marcus is going to be a sweet addition to the Lightweights in the UFC, the division is exploding!!! Congrats on the move to fighting closer home!

p.s. would this mean that we might be seeing Kang in the Octagon as well..haha = )

~James -FFA-

"Not exactly comparable yet."

In terms of accomplishments/ranking, I agree. I'm just comparing their apparent skills. I don't know that Melendez could outwrestle Edgar to get the takedown, and think he is much worse standing, and seems to have worse cardio as well. Of course, he is much bigger than Frank.

ttt

TTT for ATT and Marcus!

Congrats!!! A great talented addition.