Marcus Hicks Highlight Video!

watching that vid and watching markus now....you can tell that there is a big difference in his ground game and his strikes now

"i sat ringside when he beat a guy who was ver ywell respected in georgia a while back."

lol, I rest my case.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l-Jz2VM5lH0

heres a highlight of marcus's most recent fight you dont get to see that much because hector had some weird foot injury and he threw in the towel after the first

it was a pretty even round both had huge slams which is in the vid

Avellan definately won the match vs. hicks, I was there and the promoter was trying to save money. They did not have "scoring" they had 3 local guys as judges. Hicks was local, avellan obviously was not. They decided that because Hicks was on top in half guard with his forearm on avellan's throat that was enough to decide him the winner despite the huge gap in scorable techniques.

Hicks was very nice and not a dick at all and I dont fault him one bit for the BS that happened at that tournament.

How heavy is that guy ?

"P.S. WhitebeltTommy - FCF database says hector KO'd Hicks in the 2nd round but you say that Hector quit? What happened?"

I was at that fight....Hector quit, he didn't come out for the second round.

FCF has got to get their facts straight!

That video is at least 2 years old, those boxing matches are from his amatuer fights. He is a pro now, and his hands are 100% better....you see the raw KO power and aggressive style he had, well now he knows how to box!
Marcus is a beast, and 5-0 in MMA I believe. Trust me, at 155lbs he can hang with the best of them. I look forward to seeing him fight in the big show soon!

"how do you lose a fight if you outpoint the guy by 14-2? what was the explanation? I'd like to see the video. "

The explanation is that it was an embarrassment of an event, the Finisher Cup, put on by Chuck Williams (heelhook74). A bunch of guys Texans and otherwise went unpaid and there was a list of problems a mile long all attributable to the promoter. It is old news, as David said they posted the video up here back when it happened and that match would have gone to Marcos at a legit event.

"P.S. WhitebeltTommy - FCF database says hector KO'd Hicks in the 2nd round but you say that Hector quit? What happened?"

Munoz broke his foot on a kick thrown early in round 1 and they quit after the round due to the injury.

The FCF database is incorrect.

That guy should get in the UFC

He is looking for an opportunity to fight in the big shows, but he doesn't have management right now.

He will definitely be fighting some bigger names and bigger shows this year. I have heard Jake Shields, and Josh Neers names thrown around.

I would love to see him in KOC or WEC!

I think a Neer fight would be great! Marcus is just an exciting fighter, and a good guy. I wish him the best in 2007.

ttt

back to the top

The only time I have seen Hicks fight was in Denver Colorado against Keith Wilson he was getting his ass handed to him for the first rd in the stand up and on the ground. Second round he accidentally poked Wilson in the eye requiring orbital surgery, the doctor stopped the fight. I would love to see a rematch on that one.

Well gents there is a rumor that a pro show in Dallas is coming up in Feb. that will have certain scouting people from a certain big show. Might be the show for Marcus and others looking for good exposure to fight on.

The promoter hasnt posted up the official details yet so I wont say more than that until then. But I will let you TX guys guess which promoter that might be.

ttt

ttt

arclight, please fill me in. Marcus has accepted a fight against submission artist TJ Waldburger(5-0) in March. Not sure what show it is, but I know the fight will be in Dallas. Is this the show you are referring to?

the show is renegades in dallas texas on feb 17, this should be a war, i have trained with TJ and judging by the highlight vid of marcus hicks, this will not be easy for neither of them. They both deserve shots at the big shows but IMO the winner of this match will be the one that gets there first! Oh by the way, just curious, how do you guys think this match will go?

jonnierockets20 gets the prize.