Marijuana and Athletics blog

As i mentioned a couple weeks ago in another thread, I have a weekly blog on my website TheTeamFury.com, by members of my team and I. 

This week, my doctor Dr. Brad Archer entered a blog on "Marijuana and Athletics," giving insight of how it effects people and doesn't enhance any performance. Read by clicking HERE.

Anybody have any useful information to add to this topic?

-Myles Jury

Jury smokes fat blunts.

.WAT JURY Phone Post 3.0

It's a painkiller though, and other painkillers are banned. It's also used for anxiety, and other sedatives are banned.

People don't argue against opiates or hypnotic sedatives being banned, so why is mj so controversial? Phone Post 3.0

Good post vu Phone Post 3.0

The whole thing is a joke and so is the NSAC. THEY SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES for what they did. Coming out of their faces and banning Nick Diaz for 5 years over a bullshit fail for marijuana metabolites when 2 other tests done at the same time said he's clean? Fuck them. I hope they all go to prison and get 5 years a piece. Assholes. Phone Post 3.0

pls send to lundvall@mcdonaldcarano.com

Hold on. I need to smoke real quick and then I will read.

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

JuryJiuJitsu - 

As i mentioned a couple weeks ago in another thread, I have a weekly blog on my website TheTeamFury.com, by members of my team and I. 

This week, my doctor Dr. Brad Archer entered a blog on "Marijuana and Athletics," giving insight of how it effects people and doesn't enhance any performance. Read by clicking HERE.

Anybody have any useful information to add to this topic?

-Myles Jury

VU for spreading knowledge on this topic

t

Axel Foley - It's a painkiller though, and other painkillers are banned. It's also used for anxiety, and other sedatives are banned.

People don't argue against opiates or hypnotic sedatives being banned, so why is mj so controversial? Phone Post 3.0
Alcohol does both as well and is allowed Phone Post 3.0

Cool post Mr Jury.

Must say after watching you fight I became instant fan...Solid technique!

Interested in learning more about the "Negative side effects" and what type of "lasting structural changes" it's speaking of.

TTT for Myles Phone Post 3.0

for what it's worth, i find it to be performance enhancing....

no-gi_JAMES420 -
Axel Foley - It's a painkiller though, and other painkillers are banned. It's also used for anxiety, and other sedatives are banned.

Alcohol does both as well and is allowed Phone Post 3.0
True, but cancer patients aren't prescribed alcohol. THC has proven, clinical medicinal uses, but nobody is prescribing alcohol for pain or anxiety. No athlete is going to drink physical pain away every night or drink every night, because the consequences lead to self-regulation. It's harder to train with an alcohol hangover and start every day dehydrated.

Can an athlete use MJ the same way they would opiates or sedatives? Yeah, they could. Could they be using it purely for recreation? Yeah, they could just the same.

I agree that MJ as a recreational isn't much different than alcohol.

It's a genuine question I don't know the answer to. Just pointing it out. There's more to the argument than whether or not it's a PED or not. Most agree it's not, but how it's used can be for more than recreational purposes.

Why are pot smokers are so sensitive? Phone Post 3.0

I'm not trying to be "controversial," I'm just providing the facts.

I will say, I think the athletic commission should NOT be overriding medical authority, and interests should end at proven performance enhancers.  

What are the major differences in our new USADA program compared to other major sports? 

I know all major sports do not test for marijuana, but what are the other main differences?