Marin must have gotten lockerroom bonus

Both submission attempts on Sage's arm were deep. It looked like Marin didnt even attempt to crank on the Kimura while trapping Sage's other arm under his knee. The armbar was deep and fully extended and Sage just rolls out... I know the kid is strong but fuck.
Marin looked like he was in a sparring session.
And I'm the last one that will ever say UFC fixes fights.

I cringed when that arm bar was sunk in. Surprised he didn't tap. Phone Post 3.0

scrappydoo - Both submission attempts on Sage's arm were deep. It looked like Marin didnt even attempt to crank on the Kimura while trapping Sage's other arm under his knee. The armbar was deep and fully extended and Sage just rolls out... I know the kid is strong but fuck.

I thought the same my man. I'm sure we will take hell for this but that was just piss poor grappling. It did smell of shit. 

I was honest to god wanting to turn my head because I thought he was going to tear sage's arm off and then I realized he didn't even look like he was trying to finish it. It looked like my instructor just kind of holding the sub to show he got you. 

Marin literally did nothing in the 1st or 3rd. You haven't realized yet that hugging somebody doesn't win fights? Phone Post 3.0

The grappling was awful. He had that armbar perfect and didn't know how to crank it, he just stopped and let sage fight out. The funniest part was when he was on sages back and then sage leaned forward and he slid off hahahaha omg that was bad.

erdoc1983 -
scrappydoo - Both submission attempts on Sage's arm were deep. It looked like Marin didnt even attempt to crank on the Kimura while trapping Sage's other arm under his knee. The armbar was deep and fully extended and Sage just rolls out... I know the kid is strong but fuck.

I thought the same my man. I'm sure we will take hell for this but that was just piss poor grappling. It did smell of shit. 

I was honest to god wanting to turn my head because I thought he was going to tear sage's arm off and then I realized he didn't even look like he was trying to finish it. It looked like my instructor just kind of holding the sub to show he got you. 

We can take hell my man. But anyone with basic BJJ training could finish a Kimura from that position while top mount with the other hand trapped. I'm not gonna say he didn't crank... I'll say I believe he had more to give.
Let he'll come with fury if that's the case. Phone Post 3.0

I just rewatched. I'm still in disbelief. Both submissions were at the finish position. Don't give a shit how strong Sage is. His BJJ is basic level to escape those. A UFC competitor that deep into those two submissions finishes. Did any of you guys rewatch that? ... Sober?! Phone Post 3.0

The armbar escape...it happens. The kimura, WTF? I've never had anyone not tap from that position once the arm was separated from the body. Horribly applied. Phone Post 3.0

Maybe his arms were gassed out Phone Post 3.0

TakinAllFades - 

The grappling was awful. He had that armbar perfect and didn't know how to crank it, he just stopped and let sage fight out. The funniest part was when he was on sages back and then sage leaned forward and he slid off hahahaha omg that was bad.

He didn't know how to crank that armbar and kimura like Ken Shamrock didn't know how to finish a choke on Kimbo

You guys are just going to have to deal with the fact that the fight featured two low level BJJ fighters. Marin is only slightly better than Sage on the ground. Neither are good.

"UFC level" doesnt exist. If it ever did, it hasnt for years thats for sure.

scrappydoo - I just rewatched. I'm still in disbelief. Both submissions were at the finish position. Don't give a shit how strong Sage is. His BJJ is basic level to escape those. A UFC competitor that deep into those two submissions finishes. Did any of you guys rewatch that? ... Sober?! Phone Post 3.0
GSP vs Dan Hardy. Enjoy Phone Post 3.0

TheHebrewHammer -
scrappydoo - I just rewatched. I'm still in disbelief. Both submissions were at the finish position. Don't give a shit how strong Sage is. His BJJ is basic level to escape those. A UFC competitor that deep into those two submissions finishes. Did any of you guys rewatch that? ... Sober?! Phone Post 3.0
GSP vs Dan Hardy. Enjoy Phone Post 3.0
Completely two differing leagues of BJJ. Phone Post 3.0

I haven't seen the replay but I was there live and what it seemed like to me was that he was too gassed to finish it and sage had enough strength to keep it from being bad enough to where he tapped from the Kimura Phone Post 3.0

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Marin literally did nothing in the 1st or 3rd. You haven't realized yet that hugging somebody doesn't win fights? Phone Post 3.0
Big country only learned this recently Phone Post 3.0