mark dion pulling a "vera" with noons?

seems similar to the situation that caused the falling out between the ufc and vera

"When [Noons' camp] wants to track us down and tell us how Nick Diaz isn't the right fight for them -- or they want more money, or they want this out of their contract, or this and that -- they're easy to get a hold of," Shaw said. "But to actually make the fight? Impossible.

"Since day one [Noons' manager] Mark Dion has been insinuating that EliteXC has been out to get KJ Noons," Shaw said. "I just can't figure that out. When a guy appears on the very first card -- and the very first fight gets knocked out in the very first round off the very first punch -- and we're there to hold his hand and pick him back up and put him right back on television in a main event on ShoXC?

Shaw said he supports Noons as a champion but believes his management has made decisions that have led to the current concerns.

"We will not be held hostage by their camp," Shaw said. "Maybe the problem with his camp is it's called City Boxing. They think that they can manage a career like a boxer."

Less likable? What did Noons do to becomes so unlikable outside of beat up the chosen champion in Nick Diaz?

Noons is a good fighter and he should be fighting Eddie Alvarez to defend the title....not Nick Diaz.

DamonMMAWeekly - Less likable? What did Noons do to becomes so unlikable outside of beat up the chosen champion in Nick Diaz?

Noons is a good fighter and he should be fighting Eddie Alvarez to defend the title....not Nick Diaz.

Are you saying they are holding out for an Alvarez fight?

No, I'm just saying that Eddie Alvarez is under contract to Elite XC and he's done a lot more to earn a title shot with wins over Hansen and Kawajiri than Diaz has by beating Muhsin Corbbrey and Tom Denny.

Fletch F Fletch - Is there a less likable fighter out there than Noons? I can't think of one. Mike Kyle, maybe?

Nick Diaz, for one.

Eddie has like 4 or 5 fights left on his Elite XC contract. He is signed with Adrenaline as well. Both are non-exclusive deals from what I know.

DamonMMAWeekly - No, I'm just saying that Eddie Alvarez is under contract to Elite XC and he's done a lot more to earn a title shot with wins over Hansen and Kawajiri than Diaz has by beating Muhsin Corbbrey and Tom Denny.

Whos says Alvarez is even healthy and willing to take the fight?

smoogy - 
DamonMMAWeekly - No, I'm just saying that Eddie Alvarez is under contract to Elite XC and he's done a lot more to earn a title shot with wins over Hansen and Kawajiri than Diaz has by beating Muhsin Corbbrey and Tom Denny.

Whos says Alvarez is even healthy and willing to take the fight?

From the interview we did with Eddie about a week after the fight with Kawajiri:

“I don’t want to lose momentum. I’m actually back in the gym already,” said Alvarez in a recent interview with MMAWeekly Radio.

as long as KJ get tooled by either Eddie or Nick ill be happy.

The Shaws are liars if they won't admit they would prefer Diaz as champion.  They have shown from the get-go that he is one of their poster boys.

DamonMMAWeekly - Less likable? What did Noons do to becomes so unlikable outside of beat up the chosen champion in Nick Diaz?

Come on why would Eddie come over to the US to fight a guy with 8 fights like Noons, when he has huge fights to be made in Japan like Aoki/Alvarez, and Hansen/Alvarez 2.

I also saw an interview where Eddie said the Elite XC contract was his last priority

Noons 15 minutes are up. Time to sign the rematch and pass the title over to the rightful owner.

Damon did u ask Alvarez when he is planning on fighting for EliteXC?

Maybe you should trty and get Noons on your show and see why he isnt taking the DIaz fight?

Noons should just fight Diaz again. He didn't dominate the first fight. He outstruck him and opened him up in the first round. In a five round fight, that means nothing.

If becoming a main stream star is really what he wants, he should beat Nick Diaz again in convincing fashion. Make Diaz motion that he wants no more and Noon's popularity would sky rocket.

As much as I like Alvarez and think he would tool Noons, I don't think enough people know who he is yet, outside of serious followers of the sport.

Let Noons fight Diaz and if he can destroy him easily like he seems to think he will, then he will have an insane following going into a possible fight with Alvarez.

kj has beaten 1 decent fighter by cut. doesnt even have 8 wins. hes only 7-2. doesnt deserve more money. signed his deal for what it was, and comes off as an asshole in interviews and by pulling this shit. hes wayyyyyy overrated and an asshole. fight diaz or be stripped. jeez these fuggers kill me. i would fight fuggin fedor for 10,000. greedy fucks!!!!!

endochokedme - Damon did u ask Alvarez when he is planning on fighting for EliteXC?

Maybe you should trty and get Noons on your show and see why he isnt taking the DIaz fight?

I talked to K.J. last night and he is planning on coming on the radio show very soon to talk about all the stuff that's been going on.

As far as Eddie goes...he basically said whatever fight makes the most sense is what he'll do.

I just personally think that Elite XC has him to a multi fight contract..he has a more impressive resume at LW lately than Nick Diaz...he should get the title shot.

noons should fight diaz....yes noons did beat nick, but it was by a cut and most people rate diaz higher than noons

hes taking the posture like noons is floyd mayweather or something...how soon after getting ktfo did noon get a shot at the title? and who has he beat in his storied and illustrious career to call shots like this

goku - noons should fight diaz....yes noons did beat nick, but it was by a cut and most people rate diaz higher than noons

hes taking the posture like noons is floyd mayweather or something...how soon after getting ktfo did noon get a shot at the title? and who has he beat in his storied and illustrious career to call shots like this
And how many butts does he put in the seats?

DamonMMAWeekly - 
endochokedme - Damon did u ask Alvarez when he is planning on fighting for EliteXC?

I talked to K.J. last night and he is planning on coming on the radio show very soon to talk about all the stuff that's been going on.

As far as Eddie goes...he basically said whatever fight makes the most sense is what he'll do.

I just personally think that Elite XC has him to a multi fight contract..he has a more impressive resume at LW lately than Nick Diaz...he should get the title shot.

MMAJunkie:

"Alvarez is currently unavailable due to taking personal time off"

kooldover - kj has beaten 1 decent fighter by cut. doesnt even have 8 wins. hes only 7-2. doesnt deserve more money. signed his deal for what it was, and comes off as an asshole in interviews and by pulling this shit. hes wayyyyyy overrated and an asshole. fight diaz or be stripped. jeez these fuggers kill me. i would fight fuggin fedor for 10,000. greedy fucks!!!!!

Dion was trying to get Brandon Vera a 7 figure contract when he was 8-0...