Mark Hunt files RICO lawsuit against UFC, Brock

I'd bring in Rico from the roughnecks too!

Doem - i dont know why people are so incredulous about this. if this would have played out in ANY OTHER INDUSTRY, you provide an exception in a program designed to prevent something, and then the thing that you would prevent actually happens you would get a lawsuit. Its mma and fans are used to shady shit in the fight game so they think that mark hunt is bat shit insane but the logic as to the grounds to sue makes sense.
if it was donald trump, he would sue

In the end it's all about how deep your pocketbooks are.  The UFC contract is likely very iron clad and they could keep it in court forever.  And if the law decides in the UFC's favor, Mark Hunt gets to pay for all of their legal fees as well.  There's a very good chance Hunt will lose every penny he ever made in the UFC and Pride many times over.

People who think this is unwinnable are mistaken

People who think this is unsettleable, are out of their minds.

This is terrible press the new owners of the UFC don't want. Hunt can have them in the papers everyday for pretending to be tough on PEDs while clandestinelt endorsing it by booking Brock for 200.

The corporate playback says you settle these before they ever see a courtroom.

big daddy yum yums - Ithink Hunt is about to get smashed by Econoreem. Hunt says he needs a paycheck... not motivated plus outside distractions with this lawsuit.. not gonna end well for Mark in the cage or out..
You say this as if Hunt is actually putting in full camps and spends time gameplanning for his opponents. Hunt fights every single opponent the same, regardless of who they are

War Hunt!

Steve Iceman Little - It wouldn't make any sense for the UFC to sweep his drug use under the rug just for some extra millions. The long term effects would be extreme to the point of losing their business. And how can Hunt have any chance of winning when USADA tested Brock like 6 times and passed them all publicly?

These lawyers are saying the right things to Hunt to make him believe he has a chance, all whilst taking his money. Fighters can be so stupid.

Don't forget, the fertittas were behind this right before they sold the company. 

over Clomid!!!

they didn't even find any roids in Brock. just clomid

Ed Okin -

I love when UG people start analyzing lawsuits that they haven't read and telling people what will happen despite the fact that they aren't lawyers and have no knowledge outside what they have read in a press release or brief news story. Always makes for entertaining threads.

lawyers will play it up for their cleint, so they can get payed, the laywers doesn't care if Hunt loses. they still get paid. Hunt has no chance.

In a lawsuit like this it is not uncommon for the legal team to not really "know their case yet." It is a way to force discovery and depositions and find out what the UFC and USADA knew and when they knew it. What deals and discussions were made/had with Brick about testing, Emails, contracts, conversations etc. The initial purpose of the suit is to force the sharing of information which they "suspect" will support their action.

Steve Iceman Little - It wouldn't make any sense for the UFC to sweep his drug use under the rug just for some extra millions. The long term effects would be extreme to the point of losing their business. And how can Hunt have any chance of winning when USADA tested Brock like 6 times and passed them all publicly?

These lawyers are saying the right things to Hunt to make him believe he has a chance, all whilst taking his money. Fighters can be so stupid.

Not if your Zuffa and about to sell the UFC in a week. 

All this happened when Zuffa owned the UFC. Now they dont. Does that make a difference to Hunt's law suit? 

Mad Xyientist - People who think this is unwinnable are mistaken

People who think this is unsettleable, are out of their minds.

This is terrible press the new owners of the UFC don't want. Hunt can have them in the papers everyday for pretending to be tough on PEDs while clandestinelt endorsing it by booking Brock for 200.

The corporate playback says you settle these before they ever see a courtroom.

They might as well shut down if they lose or settle.  It would open them up for litigation every single time someone tests positive.

They will throw everything they have to beat Hunt down and make an example of him. 

Ken Shamrock tried this and he ended up having to pay their legal fees.  He spent years taking dives making up the money.

For someone who before the fight was saying he doesn't care if he's on roils/he'll knock him out anyway this seems petty.

i get that Brock likely cheated but Hunt knew the terms of the testing before the fight, so if you pay Hunt for Lesnar failing a test then whats to stop every other fighter who's lost to someone who's failed a test suing?

its not liked he got brutally kod either- yeah it's unfair and yeah you got a bit of a beating but you knew what you were signing up for.

Where was Hunt in the rankings prior to 200? Top 10? Would Hunt v anyone else have got a slot on UFC 200, so I'm guessing he got a big pay day for a big name fight and he knew the risk.

Ed Okin -

I love when UG people start analyzing lawsuits that they haven't read and telling people what will happen despite the fact that they aren't lawyers and have no knowledge outside what they have read in a press release or brief news story. Always makes for entertaining threads.

Right? Armchair lawyering at it's finest. Now all these mma fans that point out join dates know law too. Hunt needs Harvey Specter, not the UG.

Morpheus1976 -
Ed Okin -

lawyers will play it up for their cleint, so they can get payed, the laywers doesn't care if Hunt loses. they still get paid. Hunt has no chance.

I didn't realize the terms of the retainer agreement was public. Post it if you know the terms as you claim.

Jump Kick -
Morpheus1976 -
Ed Okin -

I didn't realize the terms of the retainer agreement was public. Post it if you know the terms as you claim.

look at Ken shamrock, had to pay his own lawyers and the UFC ones too.

Stupid decision.

andyman011 - 
Soul Gravy - Fucking stupid. Just drop it, Hunt.
He got cheated out of his win money, his health and his record. Why would he just let it slide. We all know the ufc knew Brock was roided , they pretty much gave him a green flag by bypassing the 4 month testing period.

Bullshit. Hunt knows, as well as anyone, that Brock is juiced to the gills. No one needs a test to tell them that. And he accepted the fight and got in the ring anyway.

This is only an issue because he lost. We all know Hunt feels like he shouldn't have lost to someone coming back from such a long layoff. But he did and he's embarrassed about it and this is the result. This is about pride and nothing more.

Soul Gravy -
andyman011 - 
He got cheated out of his win money, his health and his record. Why would he just let it slide. We all know the ufc knew Brock was roided , they pretty much gave him a green flag by bypassing the 4 month testing period.

Bullshit. Hunt knows, as well as anyone, that Brock is juiced to the gills. No one needs a test to tell them that. And he accepted the fight and got in the ring anyway.

This is only an issue because he lost. We all know Hunt feels like he shouldn't have lost to someone coming back from such a long layoff. But he did and he's embarrassed about it and this is the result. This is about pride and nothing more.
So hypothetically, if hunt died that night, should Brock face prosecution or do we say no its okay hunt knew he was roided. Having the balls to fight a known roider is one thing. Mark hunt will fight a bear if they offered it. Either way Brock broke a few rules, they promised left and right that he was clean, they overpassed the 4 months and guess what? The ufc took money over safety.

andyman011 - 
Soul Gravy -
andyman011 - 

So hypothetically, if hunt died that night, should Brock face prosecution or do we say no its okay hunt knew he was roided. Having the balls to fight a known roider is one thing. Mark hunt will fight a bear if they offered it. Either way Brock broke a few rules, they promised left and right that he was clean, they overpassed the 4 months and guess what? The ufc took money over safety.

Of course he shouldn't face prosecution. If I step in the ring with a roid monster who is obviously a roid monster, that's my responsibility. If I had a problem with it, I should have either A.) not agreed to fight or B.) brought it up before fight time.

TTT