Mark Hunt in another lawsuit against UFC

Dreville79 -
WuTangDan -

Hunt who made the 25 top earners in ufc is doing a noble deed. Mma fighters should be the highest earning athletes on the planet. 

Not sure if serious, but no they shouldn’t

Every top male Tennis player has spent as long playing their sport in 2-3 matches, than an MMA fighter spends in the cage in an entire career. So no, they don’t deserve the same revenue as many other top sports, and that’s just one of the reasons they don’t

Tennis players dont take quality out of their later years, or remove later years from their time-line, getting kicked in the face. Its about what you put in and give to your capitol that should shape its worth.

You re applying an hourly wage structure to this which seems odd. Golfers play golf for fucking hours and hours. Doesnt mean they should earn more because of it. 

Nascar drivers doing 500 laps ? Do they get paid per lap ?

cyberc92 -

Al Haymon has been taking a shit over the Ali Act in boxing.

The Ali Act is only as good as the federal government’s desire to enforce it. Since the Ali Act was enacted in 2000, there has not been a single prosecution brought under the Act in spite of the fact that people like Al Haymon continue to overtly act in violation of it (Haymon calls himself an advisor to get around the fact that he both manages and promotes fighters). 

I like Mark Hunt and would love to see the Ali Act applied to mma, but I also think that Hunt and a large number of other fighters are confused about what the Act actually does. 

1 Like
Chappie -
cyberc92 -

Al Haymon has been taking a shit over the Ali Act in boxing.

The Ali Act is only as good as the feds desire to enforce it. Since the Ali Act was enacted in 2000, there has not been a single prosecution brought under in spite of the fact that people like Al Haymon continue to act in violation of it (Haymon calls himself an advisor to get around the fact that he both manages and promotes fighters). 

I like Mark Hunt and would love to see the Act applied to mma, but I think that Hunt and a large number of other fighters are confused about what the Act actually does. 

Shhh don’t say that out loud if not people will bash you as anti-fighter and pro-ufc.

“When a guy like Stipe (Miocic) or the other champions ask for more money – he’s the champion of this company. Why is he asking for more money? Something to think about.”

Michael Jordan asked for more money a number of times. He must have been eating out of garbage cans.

Mark seems like a good guy, but he doesn’t seem too intelligent, or he would have gotten the idea by now that they are not going to pay him to go away.

Samoa - 

I'm all for the Ali act in the sense that fighters should be able to fight in any organization they want to but the UFC effectively has a monopoly right now so how much different would it be if Conor could fight for Bellator if he wanted to?  Not much.

For intents and purposes, the Ali act absolutely should include MMA fighters IMO.

Petitioning our Congressmen and Representatives to amend the Ali Act to include MMA would do alot better than trying to sue it into law.

StretchPlum - "When a guy like Stipe (Miocic) or the other champions ask for more money – he’s the champion of this company. Why is he asking for more money? Something to think about."

Michael Jordan asked for more money a number of times. He must have been eating out of garbage cans.

Mark seems like a good guy, but he doesn’t seem too intelligent, or he would have gotten the idea by now that they are not going to pay him to go away.

My thoughts exactly. 

I like hunto and his willingness to do battle with img, but i hate to see him squander more money on futile law suits. 

Mark Hunt has had a very odd last few years. Those that remember UFC wanted to just pay Mark outright for his pride contract but Mark chose to fight and did well and won big fights.

Now Mark has been in constant battles with UFC, Dana, and lawsuits. Mark wasn’t outraged when he fought all the guys in Pride that took steroids. He must be a very strange guy that will keep losing long shot legal battles. It’s kind of bizarre he’s chosen to go this route

1 Like
Mynameisburns - Mark Hunt has had a very odd last few years. Those that remember UFC wanted to just pay Mark outright for his pride contract but Mark chose to fight and did well and won big fights.

Now Mark has been in constant battles with UFC, Dana, and lawsuits. Mark wasn’t outraged when he fought all the guys in Pride that took steroids. He must be a very strange guy that will keep losing long shot legal battles. It’s kind of bizarre he’s chosen to go this route

Wasnt against the rules in pride.

In the ufc, it was cheating, and the brock fiasco was total bullshit. I get why hes sour about that. But he seems like he has an axe to grind now. Im all for the ali act though. 

Hunto is the last guy I would expect to be this bitter.

Burning all the money he fought so hard to obtain.

1 Like
Connorwinztharematch - 
Mynameisburns - Mark Hunt has had a very odd last few years. Those that remember UFC wanted to just pay Mark outright for his pride contract but Mark chose to fight and did well and won big fights.

In the ufc, it was cheating, and the brock fiasco was total bullshit. I get why hes sour about that. But he seems like he has an axe to grind now. Im all for the ali act though. 

So it doesn’t matter if he fought juice heads in Pride because it was legal but it’s a problem in UFC because it’s against the rules lol?

There are better ways to petition for the Ali act rather than the lawsuit Hunt is going forward with, which will yield no result for him or anyone else, other than the $100,000’s he will have to pay

Mark knew the game and even after the Brock fight, he still continued to fight on. everyone did roids in K-1 and Pride but Mark is super pissed off at Dana? Come on what is the point. He is not gaining anything

WuTangDan - 

Hunt who made the 25 top earners in ufc is doing a noble deed. Mma fighters should be the highest earning athletes on the planet. 

Come on man, stop it. We see countless MMA fighters pick it up as adults and grow into successful UFC fighters. How many hockey players, baseball players, football players etc decide to try playing hockey for the first time as a 23-24 year old, and turn into NHL all stars?

It’s different. There’s hundreds of people on the UFC roster, and it’s MUCH easier to get into the UFC than it is any major professional sports organization and it’s not even close.

If you want to say UFC fighters have the hardest job based on injuries and the fact they get punched in the face? Fine…but MMA is still a very young sport, and the level of athletes we see in other sports is much, much higher than MMA.

Mynameisburns -
Connorwinztharematch - 

So it doesn’t matter if he fought juice heads in Pride because it was legal but it’s a problem in UFC because it’s against the rules lol?

There are better ways to petition for the Ali act rather than the lawsuit Hunt is going forward with, which will yield no result for him or anyone else, other than the $100,000’s he will have to pay

Mark knew the game and even after the Brock fight, he still continued to fight on. everyone did roids in K-1 and Pride but Mark is super pissed off at Dana? Come on what is the point. He is not gaining anything

Ummm…yeah. losing to cheaters vs losing to non-cheaters ? Yeah, big difference. A gulf of difference. He, in fact, constantly refers to them as " cheaters ".

I cant believe this conversation is even happening.

Rickmassmma -
WuTangDan - 

Come on man, stop it. We see countless MMA fighters pick it up as adults and grow into successful UFC fighters. How many hockey players, baseball players, football players etc decide to try playing hockey for the first time as a 23-24 year old, and turn into NHL all stars?

It’s different. There’s hundreds of people on the UFC roster, and it’s MUCH easier to get into the UFC than it is any major professional sports organization and it’s not even close.

If you want to say UFC fighters have the hardest job based on injuries and the fact they get punched in the face? Fine…but MMA is still a very young sport, and the level of athletes we see in other sports is much, much higher than MMA.

How many UFC fighters have we seen get into the UFC with a padded record just to get exposed? I have seen regional promotions bump up prospects who are good ticket sellers just to get them into the UFC and say that they have vets who fight for the UFC now.

Connorwinztharematch -
Dreville79 -
WuTangDan -

Not sure if serious, but no they shouldn’t

Every top male Tennis player has spent as long playing their sport in 2-3 matches, than an MMA fighter spends in the cage in an entire career. So no, they don’t deserve the same revenue as many other top sports, and that’s just one of the reasons they don’t

Tennis players dont take quality out of their later years, or remove later years from their time-line, getting kicked in the face. Its about what you put in and give to your capitol that should shape its worth.

You re applying an hourly wage structure to this which seems odd. Golfers play golf for fucking hours and hours. Doesnt mean they should earn more because of it. 

Nascar drivers doing 500 laps ? Do they get paid per lap ?

Ask any 50 year old ex Tennis player how their knees are doing. Not that a wage should be based on how your later life might pan out. No one forces them to get in there and take brain damage, and if they were paid according to that, every fighter should get paid the flat, same wage no? 

Remember when Melvin Manhoef got in there with Hunt? Gave up a lot of size but got the job done.

https://twitter.com/Delisketo/status/1255060028882591744

cyberc92 -

Hunt will fight till he is 60 trying to pay off the legal fees. 

No he won't. Helk find a firm willing to work pro bono.

Dreville79 -

It’s weird and not helpful that a guy who has a losing MMA record, all due respect to Hunto, is the one to fight this battle

If Jon Jones, Conor, Cormier or Khabib took this route, they’d get somewhere. But they never will, because the top fighters, contrary to what Mark says, get payed very very well 

I agree with this. I simply don’t support the notion that lower ranked guys should get paid more. They’re filler. No one would pay to watch them fight if it weren’t for the top guys. You take the risk of starting at the bottom and working your way to the top and the pay increases along the way. You stumble and the pay decreases. It’s not a bit different than starting your own business. And I don’t care about health or injury, that’s accepted risk that the fighter takes when choosing it as a career. 

RichardSteel -
cyberc92 -

Hunt will fight till he is 60 trying to pay off the legal fees. 

No he won't. Helk find a firm willing to work pro bono.

That is great but if he loses the UFC will counter sue him for their legal expenses like they already have.

Outlaw’d by Lytle - 

Hunts UFC career earnings (not including PPV or any other bonuses):

$6,350,000

Must be awful for him wasting that money on lawsuits. 

How do taxes work?