Marquardt vs Doerkson &more (gifs)

Want more?

kendall-grove_ross-pointon.gif

- Card

I can't wait for Nate to dominate Silva so I can rub it in all of the idiots' faces around here. This is gonna be great.

Seriously, how did that right hand by Kawajiri NOT KO Melendez?

awesome

yeah Joe gave Marquart all he could handle. Nate wont last very long on the feet with A Silva, and at some point in a 25 minute period A Silva is going to catch him.

Would you consider Misaki a good striker? Because Marquardt kicked his ass standing, including knocking him down twice.

Marquardt is a very good striker. And, interestingly, I think that's a negative when fighting Anderson. I would argue that it's better to have POOR standup when fighting Anderson. Why? If your standup is good, you'll be more likely to trade strikes with him, and that equals knockout.

Marquardt will need to fight disciplined and NOT use his good standup.

thread is gif-ted!

"Would you consider Misaki a good striker? Because Marquardt kicked his ass standing, including knocking him down twice.
Marquardt is a very good striker. And, interestingly, I think that's a negative when fighting Anderson. I would argue that it's better to have POOR standup when fighting Anderson. Why? If your standup is good, you'll be more likely to trade strikes with him, and that equals knockout.

Marquardt will need to fight disciplined and NOT use his good standup."

I agree....plus people are making it seem like getting clocked by Doerkson is a sign of weakness.

Denis Kang has been dropped by Doerkson as well.

Moral of story = Dirty Joe is an underrated fighter.

It's not like Lister dropped Marquardt.

"I agree....plus people are making it seem like getting clocked by Doerkson is a sign of weakness.

Denis Kang has been dropped by Doerkson as well.

Moral of story = Dirty Joe is an underrated fighter.

It's not like Lister dropped Marquardt."

Joe is as game as they come and underrated. A Silva is on another level.

This thread makes me feel like a kid in a candy store. Awesome posts!

"Joe is as game as they come and underrated. A Silva is on another level."

Agreed...Silva's striking is a higher level then Silva's....which is why Greg Jackson will have a gameplan revolved around taking him down.

IMO Nate wins via strikes on the ground.

"Agreed...Silva's striking is a higher level then Silva's....which is why Greg Jackson will have a gameplan revolved around taking him down.

IMO Nate wins via strikes on the ground."

And A Silva can hang on the ground with Marquart and limit to a control game, and will at some point in that 5 round fight light him up on the feet and knock him out. COuld happen in the first minute, could take a couple of rounds, it will happen.

ttt

I love gifs. I love this thread.

TTT

Joe Doerksen gave me one of the gloves from that UFC fight with Marquardt. Signed it and sent it to me for no reason other than Doerksen is a cool dude.

Easily underrated and has given UFC fans many highlights over his career so far and will also with Pride and any other organization he fights in.

He fought Marquardt in what I thought was a great technical fight.

He brawled with Riggs in what I thought was a war.

He swept, took down, and reversed Matt Lindland all over the place.

He's fought Matt Hughes, Lee Murray, John Allessio, David Loiseau, Dennis Kang, Travis Galbraith, Chris Leben, Ed Herman, Pat Cote, Jason Macdonald, Art Santore, and more.

He's won some, lost some but he's been around and is a great fighter imo.

ttt

ttt

Cool, thanks.