Marquart Vs. Henderson

hendo should fight marquardt or okami first

Hendo and Marquardt would be a great fight. I would love to see that one.

IrishFighter110 -  Both deserve Anderson. Hendo will beat the shit out of Nate.

how so? Nate's a black belt with pretty good takedown defense, I think that already doesn't work in dan's favor.

Nate has better cardio.

Nate is a waaaaay more technical striker with more weapons on the feet.

It would be a good fight, and no one would be expected to whoop anyones ass.

Hendo deserves Silva, thats the fight everyone wants to see (maybe not some silva fans).  In the meantime, Marquardt can avenge his loss to Thales Leites.  Seems to me everyone forget about that fight.

Henderson has won 3 straight, including a win over the MW champ (Franklin) before A. Silva. Marquardt has lost a fight since losing to A. Silva. I would say Henderson is slightly more deserving. Then there is that little thing about Dana stating the Bisping/Henderson winner was to receive the title shot. How can fighters in any weight division believe what UFC management says if they change their story seconds after a fight's outcome?

TTT for Nate vs Dan!

Just hope Nate whoops Hendo's ass... He showed true sportsmanship last night. We can't say that of red neck Henderson!

It doesn't matter if Hendo was told he would get a rematch, the only thing that matters is what the fans want to see.

Same reason why the UFC scrapped the Hendo Franklin rematch (a much closer fight than Hendo/Silva was) because no one wanted to see it.

This would be a true Number One contender bout.

Marquardt vs Hendo must happen; great one for the 5 round rule on non-title fights.

The fans want to see Hendo vs. Nate so as one can be eliminated. I have zero interest in seeing both Nate and Hendo receive rematches at this point.

Plus, Okami should be in the mix.

I am amazed that anyone would want to see Silva fight both again, its not like the first fights were close either. You could pick anyone else in the UFC to have Silva fight against, why waste it on another rematch. The winner of Nate/Hendo has truly earned a rematch, Silva could fight a top 205er or even heavy in the meantime.

billy914 - I am amazed that anyone would want to see Silva fight both again, its not like the first fights were close either. You could pick anyone else in the UFC to have Silva fight against, why waste it on another rematch. The winner of Nate/Hendo has truly earned a rematch, Silva could fight a top 205er or even heavy in the meantime.

I seriously hate rematches unless both fighters that are rematching are coming off of losses or if they are years later and the guy who lost is a champion now and wants to avenge his losses.

Henderson and Marquart are great to watch, some of the best at 185, but I do not want to see them individually fighting Anderson without first proving who is the better between them. At that point, then I would be SUPER excited to see the winner of that match fighter Anderson Silva. It would actually make the championship fight exciting.

They also need to fit in where Vanderlei Silva, Damian Maia, Vitor Belfort, and Okami fit into the picture. I would love a mini tournament between those 4 for the next title fight.

Here are the rankings before the Marquart / Maia fight:

MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION (185-pound limit)

#1 Middleweight Fighter in the World: Anderson Silva

2. Yushin Okami

3. Nathan Marquardt

4. Jorge Santiago

5. Dan Henderson

6. Robbie Lawler

7. Vitor Belfort

8. Kazuo Misaki

9. Yoshihiro Akiyama

10. Demian Maia

Sherdog:

Marcelo Alonso/Sherdog.com

Anderson "The Spider" Silva
Middleweight
1. Anderson Silva (25-4)
In one of the most impressive performances of his career, MMA’s middleweight king moved up to 205 pounds and blew away former UFC light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin in a horrifically lopsided affair. The brilliant performance has already sparked talk of “The Spider” vacating his middleweight mantle and moving up to 205 pounds permanently.

2. Yushin Okami (23-4)
Inopportune injuries have slowed Okami’s bid to earn a rematch with middleweight king Silva. A healthy Okami will have the chance to solidify himself as a top contender on Oct. 24 when he takes on Chael Sonnen at UFC 104.

3. Nate Marquardt (28-8-2)
Marquardt wants another crack at the UFC middleweight title. However, in order to get another chance at 185-pound glory, he will need to take out his biggest challenge since his bout with Silva two years ago -- undefeated Brazilian jiu-jitsu king Demian Maia at UFC 102 on Aug. 29.

4. Dan Henderson (25-7)
Henderson put an exclamation point on the end of “The Ultimate Fighter 9” at UFC 100 by brutally starching rival coach Michael Bisping in the second frame. For the former two-division champion of Pride, getting another crack at the UFC middleweight championship could depend on the Aug. 29 bout between fellow top contenders Marquardt and Maia.

5. Demian Maia (10-0)
Few fighters, if any, have been as impressive as Maia over the last 14 months. His road to a shot at the UFC middleweight title now runs through Marquardt at UFC 102 on Aug. 29.

6. Jorge Santiago (21-7)
Perhaps the most unfortunate victim of Affliciton’s demise, Santiago was left without a clear direction after the cancellation of his match with Vitor Belfort. While he expects to defend his Sengoku middleweight title sometime in the near future, the surging Brazilian now looks at a clean calendar with no fights.

7. Robbie Lawler (16-5, 1 NC)
Lawler appeared to be in control on the feet in his June 6 bout with Jake Shields. Then, in the blink of an eye, he was tapping out to a Shields guillotine choke, leaving his next move in Strikeforce’s middleweight division uncertain.

8. Vitor Belfort (18-8)
The fall of Affliction killed Belfort’s anticipated bout with fellow Brazilian Santiago, but “The Phenom” will not be on the sidelines for long. The former UFC light heavyweight champion will return to the Octagon at UFC 103 on Sept. 19 to meet Rich Franklin at a 195-pound catchweight.

9. Chael Sonnen (23-10-1)
After grinding out a nice win over former International Fight League middleweight champion Dan Miller in May, Sonnen’s climb up the 185-pound ladder will only get more difficult. The Team Quest product will take on Okami at UFC 104 on Oct. 24.

10. Yoshihiro Akiyama (13-1, 2 NC)
It was not his best performance, but Akiyama gritted through a split decision verdict over a game Alan Belcher at UFC 100 in July and has thrown himself into the UFC’s deepening middleweight mix.

Okami is about the most boring and least marketable fighter UFC has.Try having that as a main event and they will get the lowest numbers eva

LOL at posting a Sherdog ranking.

I agree, Marquart vs. Hendo is an exciting match I wanna see. After their last fights it needs to happen. I have NO interest in seeing Silva fight back-to-back rematches that were not close to start with.

NHB USA -
1. Bisping/Hendo winner was GUARENTEED a title shot.

Bisping was guaranteed one if he won.

2. Hendo fucking tooled Bisping.  Even LHW champ Rashad Evans couldn't touch Bisping.
Rashad one. I can think of several fighters who were "promised" title shots that never came to be. Just ask Karo, Okami.

3. Marquardt got schooled by Silva.

Hendo got schooled as well.

4. Hendo is the only guy to win a round against Silva, and has wanted the rematch since the second he lossed. 
Cote has been clamoring for a rematch ever since his knee blew out. Dont think he'll be getting one anytime soon though...

Wins over Kampann, Gouveia, and a heavily overrated Maia don't compare.
Few fighters are as overrated as Bisping. Maia > Bisping imo.

*rashad won ^^^