Marquez vs Pacquiao fight unreal

SinCity please tell me you're not serious about JMM coasting, and that being the determining factor in the fight.

I am very serious. he did coast in the 12th, his corner even told him to just make it through the 12th and he had iot won. He did not press the action in round 12 as he had done the previous several rounds and pacquiao was able to come forward and land several lefts in the process. Because of the scoreing, Marquez did infact lose an opportunity to win the fight by not winning round 12. It was Pacquiao who came from behind to win if you examine the score cards.

on a side note, it was pacquiaos cornber who told him that he needed to knock out or at least down Marquez in order to win. The 12th round absolutely decided the eventual outcome of this fight. An even round would have given Marquez the win.

I can almost handle the fight being a draw, cause Marquez was amazing after being decimated the first round. However, the 115-110 Marquez was a joke. Was that guy watching the same fight?

After his huge comeback JMM did start to coast around the 8th, which is why I feel he lost by at least 3 points.

You cannot judge a fight by the way the cornerman is laying out to his fighter. The outcome of the fight was determined by the fact that the judge who called it a draw had round 1 10-7 and not 10-6. And the Canadian judge gave an unprecidented 10 of the last 11 rounds to JMM.

if the fight had been determined after round 1, why did they bother to fight an additional 11 rounds? I cannot understand how you really think the fight was over after round 1 and the rest doesn't matter? What if Pacquiao had kod Marquez in the 12th? Would it still have been decided in the first round? Look at the scoring in the 12th and you will see that it was pacquiao who ounted the comeback to salvage a draw. The 12th is where the fight was determined. It was determined in the championship rounds where 1 fighter decided to try and pull out a win and where another decided to hang on to victory. It's all there, simply review the scores going into the 12th round.

"the Canadian judge gave an unprecidented 10 of the last 11 rounds to JMM."

That's nopt unprecedented at all, I once saw Larry Holmes win 15 of 15 rounds over Randall Tex Cobb.

"You cannot judge a fight by the way the cornerman is laying out to his fighter"

Correct. Hell, JMM's corner was telling him he was winning the fight by the 10th round, which was stupid.

"Correct. Hell, JMM's corner was telling him he was winning the fight by the 10th round, which was stupid."

Exactly, he wasn't winning until after the 11th.

Holmes- Cobb was what 20 years agot and Holmes was literally killing him, do you really think JMM was killing Manny?

After round 1 I think the fight was pretty even. Both fighters had good rounds but neither showed dominance. The fact remains that Manny knocked down JMM 3 times in round one. It was still the same fight for Christ sake. That should have given him a 4 point lead, and JMM didn't do enough to overcome that advantage.
I'll ask this if there were no knockdowns in round 1, would the Canadian judge have given 10 of the last 11 rounds to JMM. Hell NO!

I was under the impression one of the Governing bodies (WBC or WBA) only accepted a 10-7 as its lowest round score (even if there was 5 knockdowns it would be a 10-7). Maybe the judge that scored the 10-6 round a 10-7 was appointed by that particular governing body? Thats the only legitimate reason I could think of.

He doesn't have to be killing him. Each round is its own separate entity. He only had to edge him out just a little bit in each round. He didn't need to be dominating him.

I don't think JMM was ever ahead. I think he had tied it up after the 7th, but then dropped the next few rounds and that was the difference.

Cobb vs. Holmes was about 20 years ago and holmes was killing him in every round. The final point tally was 150 to 135 and agreed upon by the 3 judges. I was simply making a poin that tonights scoring was not unprecedented as you claimed that it was and offered some proof of my boxing knowledge to back it up.

I'm not losing any sleep ove rit though, they fought tough and it was a draw. Hopefully we get to see a rematch, if not good luck to Pacquiao vs. Morales.

Sadyv I understand how the fights are scored, but given this fight was so competitive after round 1 JMM would have had to be dominative to recover from a 4 point deficite after round 1. If you saw the fight you must agree most of the rounds after 1 were fairly close. But to give 10 of those rounds to JMM is absolutely fucking nuts!

Eddie Payeur makes a good point.

Sin, I see you point about Cobb- HOlmes and Yes scoring like that does happen, but not in fights that are this competitive.

jmeli, we agree on that point. I in no way endorse the score of 115 to 110 in favor of Morales so you get no argument from me there. My point is that It would have been a draw even if that score was 113 112 in favor of Morales or 120 to 108/Morales, either way it's still a draw and therefore shouldn't be as big of a deal as it's being made out to be.