Marvel negotiating for Silver Surfer and Galactus

According to Variety, unless Fox has a new DAREDEVIL picture in front of cameras by October 10, the rights to Daredevil would then revert back to Marvel Studios. But not so fast...

Fox has plans to turn DAREDEVIL into a "Frank Miller-esque, hardcore 70s thriller" with none other than Joe Carnahan at the helm... but it's going to take them a little more time to get such a film together, much later than that October deadline. 

So here comes Marvel coming to the negotiating table with all the leverage in the world, willing to let Fox extend their time frame in order to make the less family-friendly version of DAREDEVIL.

But what do they want in return? Silver Surfer and Galactus. 

Marvel is willing to trade that extended use of Daredevil in exchange for the right to use characters from the Fantastic Four segment of the Marvel Universe, with their eyes set on Silver Surfer and Galactus for use in their further expansion of the Marvel Movie Universe, post-AVENGERS. 

FUCKING YES

DON'T BLUEBALL ME WITH THIS SHIT, MAKE IT HAPPEN MARVEL

the new daredevil sounds interesting but glad marvel will be getting ff back and fix the wrong done fox Phone Post

Sounds like a win-win to me. Either they get Galactus and Silver Surfer back, or they get Daredevil back.

Honestly I think I'd kind of rather have Daredevil.

I agree. This is a win-win situation for Marvel Studios.

Daredevil could be very cool but with GotG around the corner, Thanos in the shadows & no Nova in sight..

I definitely would be glad to see Silver Surfer.  

Shoulda got Wolverine!

Personally I'm not into the cosmic stuff so much. Green Lantern was terrible, the glimpse of Thanos was terrible, it just seems like not only is the CG not there yet, but that kind of character does not translate well -- AT ALL -- to a realistic, 3d interpretation.

Unfortunately each movie will have to be bigger than the last, so I guess that's all they can do now. Thanos, then Galactus, then...Celestials?

What I don't get is why they are only bargaining for the rights of 2 characters.

If Fox lost the rights to DareDevil wouldn't that also give Marvel the rights to Elektra, Bullseye, the Kingpin, Purple Man, Mister Fear, Typhoid Mary and a number of other characters?

Good point, Zeno. perhaps the deal does entail all those other DD associated characters and theyve only release the main details. 

Im with you, Orcus. I mean, all yall know that i like SS but i think i would have prefered if they didnt just into this cosmic scale battle. I could have done without Thanos and especially without the Chitauri. 

GotG seems cool but given the option i would have chosen a more earth based direction. 

I just do not get the hard on for SS. Any movie centered around him is a guaranteed flop, just like FF2

For those of you not excited by the prospect of a solo Surfer movie, think about what it means for the bigger picture. It was said they wanted those characters for expansion of the universe, not necessarily for their own movie. Surfer is heavily involved in many of the stories set in space, but Annihilation seems like a strong possibility. They can set the stage in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers 2 then have it happen while the earth based heroes are busy having a civil war in Avengers 3.

There is no way that they could get Silver Surfer as wrong as they did in that FF movie. I would bet money that he would have a wide range of abilities, including matter manipulation. 

So far marvel studios has been very good at presenting us with great film renditions of these Avengers Initiative characters. Silver Surfer, like most of the classic marvel heroes, has a pretty decent origin story at its core. 

Personally im interested in Marvel Studios approach to just about any character, just so long as they give it the same attention and care that they did the avengers films. 

Ghost Rider is an example of what i dont want to see. 

And i think we all know the man do to the job of bringing great justice to Norrin Radd is none other than the great SHIA LABUFF.

MarkRobinson - And i think we all know the man do to the job of bringing great justice to Norrin Radd is none other than the great SHIA LABUFF.

Robert Patterson or Will Smith, imo.

;)

Silver Surfer film could be AMAZING just think how innovative and original it could be. Sci fi unrestricted. New worlds new civilisations an alien trying to find peace within himself with this horrendous burden he has.

Avatar,Star wars,Flash Gordon in the right hands it could be epic. Phone Post

UPDATE: Negotiations have failed as Fox wants to reboot FF with Chronicle director Josh Trank. Since they don't want to lose out on key characters to the FF universe, they will allow the Daredevil rights to expire and revert back to Marvel.

So will we see Daredevil by Chris Nolan next?

Hercules Rockerfeller - UPDATE: Negotiations have failed as Fox wants to reboot FF with Chronicle director Josh Trank. Since they don't want to lose out on key characters to the FF universe, they will allow the Daredevil rights to expire and revert back to Marvel.

Yay and rats!

Yay - that Marvel gets the rights back to Daredevil.

Rats - that Fox is going to (most likely) butcher F4, again.

I'd love to see Surfer and Galactus in the wider Marvel movie universe...but what I really want is DOOM!

I also want Ultron.

I'm excited to see Daredevil under Marvel studios though. I wonder if they'll place him in the same universe.

Damn i probably would have liked the SS property acquisition but Daredevil presents interesting implications as well. 

Daredevil has one of the best stories in all of comic history with Miller's Born Again. That film, if made well, could be Marvels Batman Begins. A solid origin story with a mature tone. That story is amazing.

And it could set more street leveler marvel movie universe. From there they could transition into a Heroes for Hire,  Punisher or even a Dr. Strange film. Perhaps ending up with an integration into the greater marvels Avenger movie universe or just an alternative Marvel knights movie universe. 

Like orcus said, this is a win-win.