Marvel Netflix shows

Fuck me these are not kid friendly. Finally got around to watching them and didn't expect this.

I have a question though. I watched Luke Cage before Jessica Jones which was backwards. But why did Luke Cage own a bar in Jessica Jones but was a dishwasher and janitor in his own show?

I dont remember the exact logistics of the bar, but he lost it when the purple man told him to blow it up in JJ. He is a fugitive, so he was laying low in Harlem with Pops.

was Luke Cage good? I watched the forst episode...wasnt TOO into it...and read mixed reviews on here

It was fine. Nothing great. My biggest complaint was the choreography in Luke Cage. His fighting could have been better.

The first half of LC was good. Then it just kind of limps to the end. LC is much better as a supporting character.

JoeVIP - It was fine. Nothing great. My biggest complaint was the choreography in Luke Cage. His fighting could have been better.

this super hard

I really liked the first half of the season and the crispus attics building fight was awesome. from then on the fighting looked like episodes of hercules. And cotton mouth was a damn good villian. I also hated the way shades said diamondback

"DHiamonBHAaaack"

DaveFu - The first half of LC was good. Then it just kind of limps to the end. LC is much better as a supporting character.

Exactly this. 

Cotton mouth was great. LC was good. The storyline started to slow and drag on halfway through.

I wanted half Daredevil. Good show, I just got sidetracked.

I watched whole Jesica Jones show. Good show, but they could've resolved it 5 episodes earlier.

I just watched Punisher Prizon Fight Clip. Wow. I might get back into Daredevil.

Luke Cage kind of felt like 2 half-seasons. The first part with cotton mouth as the villain was great. Then diamondback as villian wasn't all that great. All in all, pretty good show, nothing special though.

Iron Fist premieres in a few weeks. From the trailers, I worry that IF won't be as good at fighting as Daredevil is.

I was so excited for these Marvel shows when Daredevil first came out. Daredevil S1 was decent (mainly because of the awesome actor playing Kingpin) and some of the fight choreography was good.

I've since tried to watch S2 of Daredevil as well as Jessica Jones and Luke Cage but have lost interest in each show a few episodes (Punisher in S2 of Daredevil was good though).

I will give Iron Fist a go because I like martial arts and hope the action is at least good but overall I'm pretty down on these Netflix Marvel shows.

I read that Luke Cage had some sort of social commentary in there but i think it was too subtly played for the audience to pick up on it.

edited to remove spoilers since there are people in this thread that haven't watched Luke Cage.

DaveFu - The first half of LC was good. Then it just kind of limps to the end. LC is much better as a supporting character.

^ this

I love me some Luke Cage, but he works best when he has foils to play against, particularly Iron Fist. He doesn't work as well as a solo character (ditto for Mr Fist).

JoeVIP - Fuck me these are not kid friendly. Finally got around to watching them and didn't expect this.

I have a question though. I watched Luke Cage before Jessica Jones which was backwards. But why did Luke Cage own a bar in Jessica Jones but was a dishwasher and janitor in his own show?
Lukr cage is b4 JJ. He hasn't gotten there yet

Vasechkin - 

I wanted half Daredevil. Good show, I just got sidetracked.

I watched whole Jesica Jones show. Good show, but they could've resolved it 5 episodes earlier.

I just watched Punisher Prizon Fight Clip. Wow. I might get back into Daredevil.

That middle sentence about Jessica Jones is true of all the Netflix Marvel shows. They would be much better as 8 or 10 episode story arcs, but they can't seem to resist the temptation to pad them out to 13 episodes.

Wampa Stampah - 
JoeVIP - Fuck me these are not kid friendly. Finally got around to watching them and didn't expect this.

That is incorrect.

Luke Cage season one takes place a few months after season one of Jessica Jones. The reason he is working as a dishwasher/janitor is because his bar blew up in Jessica Jones. IIRC it was in his dead wife's name and since he was a fugitive, he couldn't collect on the insurance. I presume he let his in-laws collect.

Luke cage was pretty damn good for first half with cottonmouth.

went off the rails in a massive way second half and the discrepancy is not even close.  It actually became a joke and almost became unwatchable , seriously it was bad I mean real bad 

Wampa Stampah -

Wrong. It is after as evidenced by the nurse character.

I've enjoyed all the Marvel Netflix shows.