Marvel Phase 3 - Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Ant M

Rumor has it Marvel is in serious talks with Chadwick Boseman (Get on Up, 42) to play Black Panther... This choice is PERFECT, imo....

Joachim Phoenix in talks with Marvel to play Dr. Strange

Paul Rudd is official as Ant-Man... However the director bailed out after creative differences.

Joachim is locked for Dr. Strange.  Already shot footage for teaser trailers.

cool beans

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2348486&forum=2&page=1&

I think Phoenix is perfect.

Cheik Kongo for Black Panther! Phone Post 3.0

BackOffWarchild -

Where might these be located? I still have an erection from the deadpool test footage Phone Post 3.0

I'd pick someone else for Ant Man Phone Post 3.0

I'm cool with them all Phone Post 3.0

make the god damned Deadpool movie first

TheDarkPassenger - 
BackOffWarchild -

Where might these be located? I still have an erection from the deadpool test footage Phone Post 3.0

Will be part of the trailers at the end of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" and the "Ant Man" film, both next year.

If he wasn't already in GOTG the dude from Gladiator would be the PERFECT BP. Djimon Hounsou or something.

Who else are they gonna bring in as far as superheroes?

Gerard Butler as Hercules would be great.

LAKingsTowelBoy - If he wasn't already in GOTG the dude from Gladiator would be the PERFECT BP. Djimon Hounsou or something.

Who else are they gonna bring in as far as superheroes?

Gerard Butler as Hercules would be great.

Dijmon Hounsou was already black panther, lol.... he voiced him in an animated movie.

Black Panther is awesome and Dr. Strange is a childhood favorite of mine.

But who the hell likes Ant Man?

only appeal of ant man is his ties with avengers....other than that he sux, 

nathan fillon would have been such a better ant man

EatonBeever - 

They have four planned Avengers movies, but only have Robert Downey and Chris Evans through Avengers 3.  They won't pay Downey, and it looks like any future Iron Man movies will have the role re-cast, or reboot entirely.  Evans is retiring from acting altogether, and Marvel has signed Sebastian Stan for five movies, indicating that they will follow the comics and have Bucky Barnes take over as Captain America when Steve Rogers dies, likely in "Avengers 3". 

They need Ant-Man to have some sort of continuity going on when they make "Avengers 4".  So Paul Rudd is it.  Avengers 4 will likely have:

• Chris Hemsworth: Thor

• Mark Ruffalo: Hulk

• ScarJo: Black Widow

• Jeremy Renner: Hawkeye

• Sebastian Stan: Bucky Barnes/Captain America

• Paul Rudd: Ant Man

So they need the Ant-Man movie to do well.  They'll be introducing a new Captain America, have no Iron Man (unless they move Don Cheadle in), and the Hulk franchise has been a bust.  Black Widow and Hawkeye are relegated to supporting roles, and only Hemsworth as Thor is a bankable star heading into Phase 4.

(sorry, I keep nerdy track of this shit)

BackOffWarchild -
EatonBeever - 

They have four planned Avengers movies, but only have Robert Downey and Chris Evans through Avengers 3.  They won't pay Downey, and it looks like any future Iron Man movies will have the role re-cast, or reboot entirely.  Evans is retiring from acting altogether, and Marvel has signed Sebastian Stan for five movies, indicating that they will follow the comics and have Bucky Barnes take over as Captain America when Steve Rogers dies, likely in "Avengers 3". 

They need Ant-Man to have some sort of continuity going on when they make "Avengers 4".  So Paul Rudd is it.  Avengers 4 will likely have:

• Chris Hemsworth: Thor

• Mark Ruffalo: Hulk

• ScarJo: Black Widow

• Jeremy Renner: Hawkeye

• Sebastian Stan: Bucky Barnes/Captain America

• Paul Rudd: Ant Man

So they need the Ant-Man movie to do well.  They'll be introducing a new Captain America, have no Iron Man (unless they move Don Cheadle in), and the Hulk franchise has been a bust.  Black Widow and Hawkeye are relegated to supporting roles, and only Hemsworth as Thor is a bankable star heading into Phase 4.

(sorry, I keep nerdy track of this shit)
I'm glad someone keeps track of it. VU for information. Phone Post 3.0

Rhodes did take over as Iron Man while Stark was dealing with alcoholism.
I can see Cheadle filling that role, and that along with BP and Fury keeps open a strong demographic.

That's one thing that Stan Lee did well. He broke down previously unbroken barriers back in the day. Phone Post 3.0

Seriously hope they can successfully transfer heroes for hire in to an avengers movie Phone Post 3.0

They will need to recast iron man. In the comics who could take his place? Phone Post 3.0

Robert Downey Jr can not be replaced as Iron Man as Tony Stark....  He's too damn perfect and 100% of freaking movie goers say that, even ppl that dont like comic book movies, lol...   Robert Downey Jr made Iron Man into a mainstream superhero.  Before Spiderman, Batman, Hulk, Wolverine, and Superman were the main ones.  Even in the comic, Capt America was more popular... Now after the series of Marvel Movies - you can add Iron Man into the mix of Spider-man, Batman, Hulk, Superman....

If Warner Brothers were in charge, Ben Affleck would be cast as the reboot Iron Man