Mary Kay Letourneau Dead at 58

I think a lot of us are over 40 and remember this story, the teacher who messed around with a 12 year old student, went to jail for years for doing it and eventually got out and went on to marry the dude.

2 Likes

Just saw this story. SHe only lasted 6 months after diagnosis.

Did they have to use the pic of her rocking a kangol hat? 

1 Like

That Samoan sized pecker did her in!

OblongBox - 

I think a lot of us are over 40 and remember this story, the teacher who messed around with a 12 year old student, went to jail for years for doing it and eventually got out and went on to marry the dude.

IT WAS TRUE LOVE!!!!!! HOW ROMANTIC!!!!!

damn.... so young

damn covid is getting everyone

2 Likes

I ran into them in a coffee shop once soon after she got out of prison. The vibe was beyond weird, with the entire place quiet and the atmosphere filled with murmurs and stares.

I was stoned as shit at the time and the overwhelming awkwardness forced me outside where I started busting out laughing for no reason. 

Anyway, farewell to the original gangster.

He just left her recently too

itskrisdude -

I ran into them in a coffee shop once soon after she got out of prison. The vibe was beyond weird, with the entire place quiet and the atmosphere filled with murmurs and stares.

I was stoned as shit at the time and the overwhelming awkwardness forced me outside where I started busting out laughing for no reason. 

recognized in public?

Wayne Glamcock -
itskrisdude -

recognized in public?

Yes, that was a huge story in the Seattle area.

itskrisdude -
Wayne Glamcock -
itskrisdude -

recognized in public?

Yes, that was a huge story in the Seattle area.

I never placed their location from the news or focused on them as far as being able to recognize.

she had kids with him, married him and were together after her incarceration?

Yep, I think he divorced her in recent years though.

He is/was a DJ at local bars in the south Seattle area, she would frequent his work. I ran into them after softball games in Des Moines a couple of times. I also went to school in the area that all happened back in the day, we had some mutual friends. That incident was a few years before my time though.

Her family lived next to a good friend of mine growing up, her original husband was also a baseball coach of that friend, also in Des Moines.

RIP, she put White Center on the map

2 Likes

I guess God needed a child rapist...

2 Likes

RIP

Damn, I remember that clusterfuck of a story! 

Met that dude when I was living around Seattle... Had a friend who was related to him somehow. To say he was a loser is an understatement. Not very smart and according to my friend was emotionally stunted.

2 Likes

Met both of them a few years back. Odd couple and Mary was overly friendly in a weird rapey kind if way.

1 Like

catchysignature -

He is/was a DJ at local bars in the south Seattle area, she would frequent his work. I ran into them after softball games in Des Moines a couple of times. I also went to school in the area that all happened back in the day, we had some mutual friends. That incident was a few years before my time though.

Her family lived next to a good friend of mine growing up, her original husband was also a baseball coach of that friend, also in Des Moines.

RIP, she put White Center on the map

That coffee shop was in Burien. Weird how they stayed in the same neighborhood considering the attention that story brought. Drug out for years.

1 Like