Masks now required in NC

Or at least they will be as of tomorrow (Friday, June 26th) at 5pm.

Yesterday Govenor Cooper signed an order that extends Phase 2 for another three weeks, which means gyms still can't re-open (though several locally are - not sure how that works). Part of the order also makes masks required to be worn publicly by everyone. If you don't, the police can cite you.

And if you're in a place of business not wearing a mask, you can be told to leave at the risk of being cited for trespassing.

There are apparently exceptions for kids under age 11, some old people (I think?), and others. I don't remember the specifics.

Who here lives in an area where masks are legally required to be worn publicly? Where do you live & how long has it been this way? Do people do it and does it tend to be legally enforced?

1 Like

Good

only the selfish don’t wear masks

2 Likes

2 Likes

Get ready to follow your masters orders. Making it up as they go along.The British goverment has managed to kill nearly as many people who died in the war and are claiming a great success....

3 Likes

I'm okay with inside of a business. while outside,fuck that

I live in NC and this is straight BULLSHIT!

Movie theaters, bowling, skating, ect, ect still closed

Every single fast food place but one around me is only drive thru.

Resturants no matter the size is only allowed 50% filled.

No buisness at all can have a waiting area. If you want to wait it is outside.

Almost all resturants have a wait now since so few are allowed in to eat.

I went to the dentist like 2 weeks ago and this is how it was. When I pulled up I had to wait in the car and call them. They would come out to my car and bring me in. Even though I am going to the dentist and no waiting room I still had to wear a face mask. When I got in they took my temperature and made me use sanitizer. Mind you I was only walking 20 feet at most from front door to where I would get the oral care. So all this and they are about to be all up in my mouth anyways. I also had to sign 3 different forms saying I do not have covid or have been around anyone with it.

Gov. Cooper is a bitch. 

As for people going to gyms.... I was talking with a chiropractor yestetday that was saying his gym was open and allowing people with a "doctor's note" to train. 

Vindell - 

I went to the dentist like 2 weeks ago and this is how it was. When I pulled up I had to wait in the car and call them. They would come out to my car and bring me in. Even though I am going to the dentist and no waiting room I still had to wear a face mask. When I got in they took my temperature and made me use sanitizer. Mind you I was only walking 20 feet at most from front door to where I would get the oral care. So all this and they are about to be all up in my mouth anyways. I also had to sign 3 different forms saying I do not have covid or have been around anyone with it.

A friend of mine works at walmart. You know how they have someone stationed out front with a tablet, keeping track of how many people come in / leave?

She said that when they reach near capacity, a manager or supervisor just comes out, grabs the tablet, reduces the head count by 400, and they keep on.

Took Mini-Wiggy to the eye doctor last week - they wouldn't even let us in the door because we didn't have masks on. Went to a a retail store and a pharmacy in the same two block radius looking for masks - nobody had one. I happened to have a bandana in the car (I would just use that as I've never had masks), so told her to see if they'd let her in wearing that.

She went back in & they just gave her a mask to wear.

darren23372 - 

Gov. Cooper is a bitch. 

As for people going to gyms.... I was talking with a chiropractor yestetday that was saying his gym was open and allowing people with a "doctor's note" to train. 

Don't know if they have Fit4Life near you (it's a regional chain gym for anyone else reading), but the one near me has been open since before Phase 2.

A buddy of mine owns his own private gym, and he's been open for weeks.

National chain gyms like Planet Fitness or Anytime Fitness are still closed.

What are the rules again?

1 Like
Wiggy -
darren23372 - 

Gov. Cooper is a bitch. 

Don't know if they have Fit4Life near you (it's a regional chain gym for anyone else reading), but the one near me has been open since before Phase 2.

A buddy of mine owns his own private gym, and he's been open for weeks.

National chain gyms like Planet Fitness or Anytime Fitness are still closed.

What are the rules again?

IDK if there's a fit4life close by or not.

Same with us for the eye doctor though. 

I also know of a private gym owner who has been open since around the beginning of phase 2.  He supposedly found some kind of loophole regarding PT facilities.  I don't think much PT goes on in his gym but as far as I know he's been fine. 

Been wearing them in Michigan for a good 2 months now. It’s become pretty ritual or routine now. Those blue/white paper ones are the easiest to wear and breathe in 

Vegito Blue -

Been wearing them in Michigan for a good 2 months now. It’s become pretty ritual or routine now. Those blue/white paper ones are the easiest to wear and breathe in 

Look at what you said and it is just like I posted before

The masses are being trained(forced) to accept living a different way. "It’s become pretty ritual or routine now."

2 Likes

I haven’t put one on since this whole thing started. I rarely see anyone in my city with them. Businesses are also fully open again with very few exceptions. I’m glad I don’t live in fear in some shithole liberal city. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/06/23/oregon-county-issues-face-mask-order-exempting-non-white-people/amp/

A county in Oregon recently mandated masks... but only for white people. 

They eventually dropped the non-white exemption after cries of racism. The fact that they even did this in the first place is disgusting. 

Vindell -

I have no issue with any of that and I am a conservative. Numbers are starting to really spike. Here in Texas we had 6k new cases and hospital are at 97%. Once they go to 100% things start getting ugly real fast. Wear a mask, and just accept it. They do work. Most of the asian countries are pretty much over this because of mandatory masking. Aren’t you tired of this dragging on yet? If we all wear masks we will return back to normal quicker. 

3 Likes

^I would largely agree had (tens of) thousands of people not been basically given a free pass to protest.

(And by protest, I mean some protesting, some rioting & looting.)

Caleb -
Vindell -

I have no issue with any of that and I am a conservative. Numbers are starting to really spike. Here in Texas we had 6k new cases and hospital are at 97%. Once they go to 100% things start getting ugly real fast. Wear a mask, and just accept it. They do work. Most of the asian countries are pretty much over this because of mandatory masking. Aren’t you tired of this dragging on yet? If we all wear masks we will return back to normal quicker. 

This

in Asian countries if you have a cold or the flu, you wear a mask to help protect others. it’s no biggie. It’s not a perfect solution, but it helps

Here selfish morons complain about freedoms when asked to wear a mask.

Massachusetts is doing the best in the country as far as Covid is concerned. The only place I’ve seen people not wearing masks is on the riverside running paths. Mandatory masks in stores is working

Here on the outer banks we're spiking. Most visitors are flocking here bc their home states are closed. Estimates around almost 2 million off and on the islands in the past month.

Its 50/50 mask or people taking it seriously here. I personally think it's going to get a lot worse. We have an older population of locals. And most visitors are not abiding by any guidance such as bring your own fucking supplies. Non resident infection rate is much higher than local we had like 15 cases since reopening i think 75 now

The city closest to me just passed a "face covering" ordinance for grocery stores and pharmacies because evidently those are the only two places you can contract the virus, there. 

Vindell -
Vegito Blue -

Look at what you said and it is just like I posted before

The masses are being trained(forced) to accept living a different way. "It’s become pretty ritual or routine now."

You're100 percent correct.  Fuck that.  I know my safety better than the fucking government. Do I have to wear a mask while I'm eating or is that ok?  Ridiculous.