Mass shootings?? What is the deal?

Crazy people are not new. Guns aren't new. Racism certainly is not new.

There does seem to be some temporal relationship to the proliferation of video games and mass shootings. Coincidene?

This shit seriously has to stop. Any ideas? Phone Post 3.0

No, there's just an increase in the population and an increase in the news/ propaganda machine

Murder has always been extremely common Phone Post 3.0

Pun intended?

Happens everyday in other countries. Only a big deal in America. Phone Post 3.0

Increasing paranoia from ignorant Conspiracy theorists.

Imho. Phone Post 3.0

Akston - No, there's just an increase in the population and an increase in the news/ propaganda machine

Murder has always been extremely common Phone Post 3.0
Yup. More people and more coverage. There have always been mass killings. Phone Post 3.0

Mass killings are exceedingly rare & are not on the rise. They are so far into the statistical noise floor that they can't be correlated with anything much less shown to have causative links.

Violence on the whole has been on a continual decline worldwide since we've started keeping track & sharply so the past several decades.

There is zero connection with video games nor anything else & anyone who tells you otherwise is ignorant or a liar.

You might find Pinker's Better Angels of Our Nature an interesting read.

nudmamer - Crazy people are not new. Guns aren't new. Racism certainly is not new.

There does seem to be some temporal relationship to the proliferation of video games and mass shootings. Coincidene?

The media rushes to plaster a face all over the world and I think it might motivate some of these pariah types with mental issues. Phone Post 3.0

Psy op mk ultra Phone Post 3.0

I'd blame the medias overexposure of these kind of events a thousand times before I'd point fingers at video games

The sensational television media coverage does not help. These sorts of stories should be relegated to print media.

Can you imagine if they had the same access to 24 news during the middle ages?

invalid - Can you imagine if they had the same access to 24 news during the middle ages?
This Phone Post 3.0

Looking at the guys picture he looks like a nut. Same weird eyes and haircut as that guy who shot up Sandy Hook. Guaranteed he's got a history of mental health problems.

daglord - Increasing paranoia from ignorant Conspiracy theorists.

Imho. Phone Post 3.0

This is a good point. The internet has really aided in the derangement of these conspiracy fucks. Most of them are of course harmless other than their influence on the truly psychopathic.

nudmamer - Crazy people are not new. Guns aren't new. Racism certainly is not new.

Violent crime is at a 40-year low. That it looks like there's an uptick is due to the fact that we didn't have the 24-hour media machine, Twitter, Facebook, etc. until relatively recently.

What the fuck do video games have to do with it? People always need something to blame. Video games, music, comic books, guns, etc...

Crazy fuckers are crazy. Phone Post 3.0

MickColins - What the fuck do video games have to do with it? People always need something to blame. Video games, music, comic books, guns, etc...

Same things movies and TV has to do with it. Desensitization. Do I think videogames are the root cause? No. But little Adam Lanza virtually shot a million people in the head before he took it to the elementary school. I'm sure games helped him personally to prepare for his massacre.

attjack -
MickColins - What the fuck do video games have to do with it? People always need something to blame. Video games, music, comic books, guns, etc...

Same things movies and TV has to do with it. Desensitization. Do I think videogames are the root cause? No. But little Adam Lanza virtually shot a million people in the head before he took it to the elementary school. I'm sure games helped him personally to prepare for his massacre.
I think Lanza being clearly insane and his dumbfuck mother providing him weapons and shooting lessons were more of a cause than video games. Phone Post 3.0

nudmamer - Crazy people are not new. Guns aren't new. Racism certainly is not new.

Cmon man.
People have been mass shooting since at before games Phone Post 3.0