Masterful performance by RDA

Not sure what happened to Robbie when he got pushed down but RDA threw the entire MMA game at Robbie. There are just few guys who are as durable as Robbie. We saw improved hands from RDA, a whole variety of punches, elbows, clinch, tds, top position and GNP, leg kicks, switch kicks to the body…good footwork, good feinting, good defense after punches…of course to get Robbie even down is no joke and Robbie got back up. The first td though, had RDA had more time in the round would have been more problems for Robbie.

It was dam refreshing to see such a complete MMA game all the while doing it as a significantly smaller fighter but shows how physical and strong RDA is doing what he did to a big strong WW like Lawler.

Also, where are all those who suspected RDA’s cardio to be somethin that would disappear with USADA? He was barely breathing hard after that flurry that stopped Cerrone. He was barely breating after that flurry on Robbie in R2…and then he proceeded to put the volume and work rate on Robbie until the 25min mark.

Oh, and we saw a bicycle flying knee.

Hats off RDA.

Indeed. RDA was very impressive. His striking really has come along well and his ground game speaks for itself. He looked incredibly well rounded and comfortable out there. He put together some beautiful combinations and hurt Robbie bad with the body shots he snuck in there. Will be very interested in seeing him vs Woodley.

Hell of a performance. Robbie is a crazy mofo. He was on zero legs still going for broke. RDA was SHARP!!!

He was a pretty perfect example of an MMA fighter. Dominated every aspect of that fight. Performance of the year for me.

RDA doesn’t seem to have a lot of power at welterweight. I would have to take numerous young fighters in a slugfest vs RDA.  He couldn’t really even hurt Lawler and we have seen Robbie KO’d by Woodley with one punch.  RDA is a bloated up lightweight 

It doesnt count till the test results come back.

He looked amazing! As long as all his test come back clean I’d say give him a title shot! I really thought there was gonna be a much bigger difference in size. He def has great speed for WW and a pretty decent chin. Lawler seemed like he was having a hard time keeping enough distance to get power shots off tho. As long as rda can avoid Tyrone’s crazy power, I think he takes that fight.

Looked fucking awesome. To do that to Lawler is no joke at all. 

RDA is one of the most well fighters in the whole sport, maybe top 5 for me. 

He dominated Lawler in every single way in the fight. Rocked him on the feet with a left hook, two flying knees to the face, vicious GNP, huge flurry and body shots, takedowns, leg kicks, knees, just an excellent fighter. 

Woodley and Colby both have a very tough time with RDA.

TeamPrimal - He looked amazing! As long as all his test come back clean I'd say give him a title shot! I really thought there was gonna be a much bigger difference in size. He def has great speed for WW and a pretty decent chin. Lawler seemed like he was having a hard time keeping enough distance to get power shots off tho. As long as rda can avoid Tyrone's crazy power, I think he takes that fight.

Lawler didn't look that big against RDA, just slighly big and it didnt matter at all. RDA pretty much bullied him around anyway.

RDA vs woodley is a much more exciting fight than woodley vs covington, stylistically. 

NBKfanforlife -

RDA doesn’t seem to have a lot of power at welterweight. I would have to take numerous young fighters in a slugfest vs RDA.  He couldn’t really even hurt Lawler and we have seen Robbie KO’d by Woodley with one punch.  RDA is a bloated up lightweight 

But his defense on the feet is good enough to where it doesnt even matter TBH. RDA doesn't get into brawls, although it looks like he does, he never brawls. He's good at blocking punches with his arms and keeps good distance. 

Lawler is fucking hard to finish because he is so good at recovering. Got KOed only twice in 17 years of fighting, and look at his fights against Rory and condit. Always recovered after he got rocked. Just like he did against RDA. 

RDA needs to fight a wrestler. His 3-0 run at Welterweight has been void of wrestlers. The last two wrestlers RDA fought beat him.

ttt

GOAT St. Pierre - RDA needs to fight a wrestler. His 3-0 run at Welterweight has been void of wrestlers. The last two wrestlers RDA fought beat him.

Well if he doesn't get a title shot, I'd imagine he faces Wonderboy next, so I doubt we'll see it. His 1st fight against a welterweight wrestler could be against Woodley.

PrettyCoolGuy -
GOAT St. Pierre - RDA needs to fight a wrestler. His 3-0 run at Welterweight has been void of wrestlers. The last two wrestlers RDA fought beat him.

Well if he doesn't get a title shot, I'd imagine he faces Wonderboy next, so I doubt we'll see it. His 1st fight against a welterweight wrestler could be against Woodley.

Thats the fight to make to face wood or colby faces one of them. Rda looked pretty good against tony ferg a while back in a loss. Rda still in title contention after moving up.

It was a brilliant performance.

Hopefully he fights Ponzinibbio next or give him a title fight.

NBKfanforlife -

Ok so because we've seen Robbie KO'd by Woodley (but is incredibly durable and has taken some savage beatings and won) it means RDA has no power? Ok buddy.

I may get flamed for this but I think he took the easy way out going fo the clinch and not going for the KO against the fence.  My opinion from experience its easier to lean on someone and not as risky.

Great fight my 2 cents I never thought this would go the distance I thought if RDA was going to win it would be quick sub in the first.

Hopefully he just waits for Woodley RDA earned his shot.

Lucas Maximus - 

I may get flamed for this but I think he took the easy way out going fo the clinch and not going for the KO against the fence.  My opinion from experience its easier to lean on someone and not as risky.

I don’t see anything wrong with that.

Robbie has an amazing chin. Even after the Woodley fight.

Wasa: Right on. It was a brilliant performance. RDA seems to have found a great home with Parillo.