Masvidal asked who's the hardest puncher he fought

It's not Ben Askren.

BMF Jorge Masvidal recently conducted a fan Q&A on his YouTube channel, and was asked who in his 17-year, 48-fight career was the hardest puncher.

“He never caught me clean in the fight but, I felt his raw power, and I was like, ‘Man this guy’s got good pop,’ was Paul Daley,” said Masvidal, as transcribed by Farah Hannoun for MMA Junkie. “Paul Daley had good pop, and I was also a little lighter in my career this time, but I remember he hit me in the arms a couple of times, and I saw his left hook coming and I could feel his thud.”

“Till has the most power of anybody that I’ve faced so far. I remember his lead hand – he’s very well-balanced, it wasn’t just his straight left that’s powerful, his lead hand, when he hit me with a jab, it felt like a regular person’s right hand. Just like a regular right hand, it was like a thudding jab.

“It’s between the British fighters I guess – Till and Daley – but I’m gonna lean towards Till. Till definitely’s got a little bit more pop.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwo9OotmnmY&feature=emb_title

1 Like

Street Jesus 2020

1 Like

Dude has almost 50 fights and he says Till hits the hardest. That says a lot about Darren’s power, Jorge has fought a who’s who in MMA. 

I'd be interested to hear who Travis Fulton would say. 50 fights is nice, but having well over 300 is an even greater barometer! 

BustamanteFan -

I'd be interested to hear who Travis Fulton would say. 50 fights is nice, but having well over 300 is an even greater barometer! 

Would be interesting, but I put more value in a guy who’s had 50 fights with some at the highest level with some good opposition than a guy who’s a regional small promotion guy that’s fought 95% nobodies.

Haven’t heard Fulton’s name in a while, what an Ironman career for the ages.

MasterofMartialArts -

Dude has almost 50 fights and he says Till hits the hardest. That says a lot about Darren’s power, Jorge has fought a who’s who in MMA. 

I thought the same. Mad respect between these too as well.

Thebonfirexm -

Street Jesus 2020

He looks like Forrest Gump (The Runner).

1 Like

Cruickshank dropped Masdival pretty good.

1 Like

You got me Kirik.  I was so hoping the answer was somehow going to be Ben, even though a punch never landed.

He looks like Roy Nelson from the neck up

1 Like