Masvidal has the UFC's nuts in a vise with a win

If Jorge wins this fight, he calls the shots going forward, he's got all the cards.

1. The UFC caved and came crawling to him to save the day and evidently paid him what he was asking for.

2. If he wins, they're basically forced to keep paying him what they didn't want to pay him before.

3. The event will probably do great and he'll demand more money for his title defense.

4. Masvidal's 35 and he's said he doesn't have that many more fights left. They're probably trying to squeeze as much out of him as they can RIGHT NOW. He's not a guy they expect to be at the top for much longer.

I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC is rooting for him to lose so they can avoid all of that for the last few fights of his career.

WAR Street Jesus!

1 Like

He has about 2-5% chance of winning imo. The ufc is smart. This will get more viewers than Burns even though it’s a less competitive fight. 

3 Likes

If Masvidal wins spectacularly and becomes a mega superstar, wouldn't it be good for espn and ufc?

Having Conor and paying him big bucks I'd better than not having Conor and not having the big ppv buys.

Part of having a greater income is paying more taxes.

Colby Covid19ington - If Masvidal wins spectacularly and becomes a mega superstar, wouldn't it be good for espn and ufc?

Having Conor and paying him big bucks I'd better than not having Conor and not having the big ppv buys.

Maybe, I thought of that too and they might see it that way. I just think the UFC is expecting him to lose and hoping that he loses. He'll still be a big draw but they'll pay him substantially less then. 

Context is everything. Six days notice after rough negotiation. He is doing this for the money. He knows what he's doing

HeyMarkIt1886 -

He has about 2-5% chance of winning imo. The ufc is smart. This will get more viewers than Burns even though it’s a less competitive fight. 

2-5% chance of winning? Usman is -270 favorite. If you really think Masvidal has a 2-5% chance of winning you should run up every credit line you have and put it all down on usman. 

Colby Covid19ington - If Masvidal wins spectacularly and becomes a mega superstar, wouldn't it be good for espn and ufc?

Dana hates any one fighter getting more attention then him and will sabatoge thinking the fans are tunning in to see him.

Who wants to bet that Conor calls Masvidal out if he wins? And THAT would be the biggest MMA money maker in the history of the UFC.  

HeyMarkIt1886 -

Yep, it’s an extremely long shot. Tough fight for him regardless, but terrible fight without a proper camp. I hate Usmann but he’s a cardio machine and a good wrestler that can dictate the pace and range of the fight. Masvidal will be competitive while standing for 2 rounds, if he gets to stand. 

Jayn200 -
HeyMarkIt1886 -

2-5% chance of winning? Usman is -270 favorite. If you really think Masvidal has a 2-5% chance of winning you should run up every credit line you have and put it all down on usman. 

He should, Usman should be a lot heavier favorite

Eskimo - 
HeyMarkIt1886 -

Yep, it’s an extremely long shot. Tough fight for him regardless, but terrible fight without a proper camp. I hate Usmann but he’s a cardio machine and a good wrestler that can dictate the pace and range of the fight. Masvidal will be competitive while standing for 2 rounds, if he gets to stand. 

Masvidal has been training hard this entire time though.. It's not like he jumped off the couch ..

I look forward to Usman ending Masvidaks hype train

Jayn200 -
HeyMarkIt1886 -

I SHOULD should I? Is that how it works? I should risk my entire life’s financial stability based on my analysis of a fight outcome? 

You sure this is how it works bud?

I'mNotSurprisedMotherf**kers -

If Jorge wins this fight, he calls the shots going forward, he's got all the cards.

1. The UFC caved and came crawling to him to save the day and evidently paid him what he was asking for.

2. If he wins, they're basically forced to keep paying him what they didn't want to pay him before.

3. The event will probably do great and he'll demand more money for his title defense.

4. Masvidal's 35 and he's said he doesn't have that many more fights left. They're probably trying to squeeze as much out of him as they can RIGHT NOW. He's not a guy they expect to be at the top for much longer.

I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC is rooting for him to lose so they can avoid all of that for the last few fights of his career.

WAR Street Jesus!

You make it sound like theres ufc vs jorge bad blood. It's not like that all, that's just business negotiations in the fight game. Both sides were trying to get what they wanted. They passed on Jorge and went with Burns for a much lower price. It wasnt a fuck you to Jorge. Them when Burns was out they came right to him to so business and once the situation changed then so did the negotiations. Yes, they tried to lowball him originally but when it came time to bring him in then it was a quick deal with no bullshit and everyone was satisfied with the deal. Why do people keep acting like everything is personal with Dana hating the fighters. That's not how it is man. 

2 Likes

HeyMarkIt1886 -
Jayn200 -
HeyMarkIt1886 -

I SHOULD should I? Is that how it works? I should risk my entire life’s financial stability based on my analysis of a fight outcome? 

You sure this is how it works bud?

Sounds like someone doesnt believe his own analysis and is selling wolf tickets.

1 Like

UFC wants him to win. He would make them a lot more money as champ than Usman. Even if they have to pay him 

Usman is boring and not that charismatic. UFC would LOVE Jorge to win.  Connor Jorge = record PPV buys. Mark it down 

If Usman wins it will be business as usual and he'll fight a top contender next.

If Mas wins Burns, Edwards and Covington are all top contenders who would make sense as title challengers.

But it will be Conor IMO.

JoeHurley -
I'mNotSurprisedMotherf**kers -

WAR Street Jesus!

You make it sound like theres ufc vs jorge bad blood. It's not like that all, that's just business negotiations in the fight game. Both sides were trying to get what they wanted. They passed on Jorge and went with Burns for a much lower price. It wasnt a fuck you to Jorge. Them when Burns was out they came right to him to so business and once the situation changed then so did the negotiations. Yes, they tried to lowball him originally but when it came time to bring him in then it was a quick deal with no bullshit and everyone was satisfied with the deal. Why do people keep acting like everything is personal with Dana hating the fighters. That's not how it is man. 

Good post, couldn’t agree more

Dana is praying for Mas to win so that he can do Conor vs Mas for the 170 lb title IMO.