Masvidal open to Gilbert Burns or Leon Edwards next

Jorge Masvidal has tried on two occasions to capture UFC gold, but both title shots were unsuccessful.

Despite his back-to-back title fight losses against welterweight champion Kamaru Usman, ā€œGamebredā€ isnā€™t done pursuing his first UFC championship.

In order to get there, however, Masvidal (35-15 MMA, 14-9 UFC) likely will have to knock off some of his fellow top contenders. In an interview Sunday, Masvidal revealed two of the names heā€™s closing in on for his return fight.

ā€œI donā€™t know, man,ā€ Masvidal said. ā€œI mean, sh*t, (Gilbert) ā€˜Durinhoā€™ (Burns) is calling me out. If we can make it pop with ā€˜Durinho,ā€™ Leon (Edwards), any one of these guys that gets me closer to the belt, I donā€™t care how many fights I have to d

Letā€™s see Edwards vs Jorge!

7 Likes

Jorge is like nate with better power, Leon better be careful.

1 Like

Edwards is the fight to make both for the hype and stylistically.

Burns would be a problem for jorge with his wrestling

3 Likes

Agree completely, but props to Jorge for being willing to take on that challenge.

1 Like

To say Jorge is like Nate with better power really sells Jorge short in the skill department.

I think your selling nate a bit short, and Iā€™d never want to take anything from Jorge, who is likely the better skilled of the 2.

No, youā€™re just one of those Nate fans who canā€™t see that his skill and ability is way below his attitude.

1 Like

Angry Downton Abbey GIF

1 Like

tee

Thatā€™s the fight that makes the most sense. Thereā€™s bad blood there and Edwards needs another big win before getting a shot at Usman

Plus, Masvidal/Edwards is a pretty interesting style matchup ā€¦ I really see this as a 50/50 fight

2 Likes

And Nate is stronger in the cardio department, particularly late in the fight.

I enjoy watching that idiot lose and both of those guys starch him

1 Like

His cardio was a moot point when he had Edwards hurt badly in the final minute, for a whole minute. Maybe if he could fight moving forward instead of relying on his opponents to stand still or bring the fight to him his cardio would hold more value for him. He also had much better cardio than McGregor in their rematch. Too bad he lacks the skills to really make it impactful.

1 Like

Keep talking shit about Diaz floppy, an ill pay some homeless fuck to bite you

1 Like

Nbc GIF by Sunnyside

1 Like

1 Like