Masvidal Reveals Split from First Round Management, Now Managing Himself

The UFC star has confirmed that heā€™s split from his long-time management company and is now a free agent in the managing world. Masvidal (35-16 MMA, 12-9 UFC) revealed the news to Ariel Helwani on Monday following an initial report by MMA Mania.

Masvidal said there was some sort of falling out, but didnā€™t want to get into the exact details, as there may be a legal aspect to the separation.

ā€œ100 percent split with them,ā€ Masvidal said. ā€œYou know, my momma always said, ā€˜Babe, if you have nothing good to say, donā€™t say nothing at all.ā€™ So right now weā€™re going through some turmoil, litigation, that itā€™s not fair. Iā€™m not going to talk about this or that right now, just weā€™re still going through it. At the end of this chapter, when all these things get done, Iā€™ll have an exact report on that. Weā€™re going through court and I donā€™t want to talk about anything right now, anything more than what I just said.

ā€œWeā€™re not in the greatest of terms, Iā€™ll tell you that. I have no ill will towards them. I donā€™t owe them any money. They donā€™t owe me any money, but thereā€™s other things that have affected the relationship severely. That they could fix, that they couldā€™ve fixed by now, but they havenā€™t, so Iā€™m just waiting for these things to get resolved.ā€
Masvidal, whoā€™s scheduled to return to action on April 8 at UFC 287 against Gilbert Burns, said heā€™s currently representing himself. Heā€™s not closed to working with future management companies, but as of now, heā€™ll remain solo.

ā€œItā€™s basically me,ā€ Masvidal said. ā€œIā€™m working with a lot of managers, a lot of companies. Thereā€™s a lot of great managers out there. And thatā€™s another thing, this is no secret. Iā€™ll say this because everybody knows that FRM doesnā€™t have the best relations or any relations with any other managers, a lot of sponsors, and things like that.

ā€œThey have their own way of doing stuff and it doesnā€™t appeal to a lot of people. There was a lot of people that I wasnā€™t talking because they have beef with them. Iā€™m talking to everybody right now. Every week someone is trying to pitch me to go to lunch or some f*cking movie script this, sponsorship there. Ok, one day closed, but 2,000 windows opened. Iā€™m managing myself.

Mavidal later added,

ā€œI really donā€™t feel that I need (help) in that direct aspect of talking to the UFC, I can do all of that now. I just have to put somebody in place to do this or that. And Iā€™m talking to some great agencies for that. Something can come off of it. I just became a free agent months ago.ā€

His manager seemed like a piece of trash. He openly bragged about Jorge committing a crime

And Phoney openly brags about his own crimes so what does that make him?

You love supporting the biggest pieces of shit.

Wonder what that makes you?

what does the cliche say about a Fool For A Client ?

1 Like