Masvidal Smoking Herb ( Dean )

Jorge Masvidal believes Herb Dean doesn’t treat him fairly and no longer wants the veteran referee to oversee his UFC fights.

Later this month, Masvidal said he’ll undergo laser eye surgery for an injury caused by a foul from Colby Covington at the start of their UFC 272 grudge match. He indicated Dean did a poor job officiating the fight and accused the ref of not calling fouls at critical moments.

“I’m not a fan of Herb Dean, man, I’ll tell you that much,” said Masvidal on The MMA Hour .

Masvidal cited an errant punch before Covington’s first takedown attempt as the source of the injury; he could be seen telling Dean he was poked in the eye, but the action was not stopped, though Dean did warn Covington about eye pokes at the start of the second frame. The “BMF” champ also cited an illegal knee to the groin in Round 2 that drew another verbal warning from the veteran ref.
Masvidal believes the calls are part of a pattern.

“We’ve had a couple of problems, and the Donald Cerrone [fight] was one of them, as well,” he said. “Jake Ellenberger, as well. I just, I don’t know, I don’t think I’m his cup of tea, and he kind of takes it out [on me] when [he’s] refereeing.

“He’s done some things that I’m like, it’s kind of weird, and then I get clearly, clearly [Covington] throws a low blow – that I’m not saying this changes the outcome – but clearly he throws a low blow that’s intentional, and Herb doesn’t do anything about it, just gives him a little warning. I don’t know.”

Dean did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Covington repeatedly grounded Masvidal over the five-round fight and emerged with a unanimous decision in the March headliner. That was not the end of the rivals’ physical confrontation – Masvidal is accused of assaulting his former teammate and roommate outside a steakhouse in Miami Beach, and he faces felony charges for battery and criminal mischief.

Masvidal said the eye injury aggravated a previous one, adding “now, I’ve got more holes in my retina.” He didn’t blame the fouls for his loss, but emerged from the bout with a resolution to oppose Dean, one of the most tenured officials in UFC history who’s often been at the center of controversy for his calls inside the octagon.

It’s likely Masvidal will fight again in the UFC’s home state of Nevada. When he does, he has the option of requesting via hearing that Dean not oversee his fight; former light heavyweight champ Jon Jones famously did so with veteran official John McCarthy, whom Jones believed had treated him unfairly.

I was expecting to see a ref getting sucker punched…

3 Likes

I find myself disliking him more and more…

6 Likes

Edited.

1 Like

2 Likes

Ok thank you.

1 Like

Fucking CryBaby

Sad Cry Baby GIF by Aaron Taos

2 Likes

Poor Or-hay, the whole world is against him. Or maybe its just that Karmas a bitch…

4 Likes

Is it me or do we see a new interview everyday from this guy crying about something? He just dropping lower and lower. I can imagine his fans continuing to back him if this continues

5 Likes

I know,
Who are the “fans” that are supporting this scumbag cry baby, whiner

2 Likes

you are completely correct. Im damned if i dont and damned if i i do continue to post his game

2 Likes

Herb Dean is the worst.

1 Like

I couldnt agree more. If Jeorge could read the T-Shirts, he’d understand that herbes life matters more than his does these days. And God forbid herbs wife doesn’t like Jeorge, then he is as good as gone from the UFC. We saw what she did to Dan Hardy. And as annoying as Hardy was, he was ten times more likable then Jorge the child neglector Masvidal. I mean we could only go by what his poor wife says right? Thank god she has Colby for “support”.

2 Likes

He’s just playing a character to sell tickets and promote fights. This is Victimized Jorge.

Herb Dean better not be out eatting at any nice restaurants or Jorge might run up and sucker punch him