Masvidal to cut 20LBS in 6 Days!

I’m suprised a little that Jorge hits 190+ but I remember him being a junk food type of guy from a Robin Black interview a while back. He isn’t jacked and has some chub.

Possible that type of extra weight is easier to shed?

Colby wobbled Usman several times, surely masvidal can put him away 

20lbs isn't all that, somr of you dont realize that a lot of top fighters cut a lot of weight. He will lose less than 10lbs the day of the weigh in. It will slowly come off over the course of the wk.

How much did Weidman cut against Maia? That was more than a week too, 11 days. Chris said it was fucking brutal and felt like his body was falling apart during the fight.

Factor in all the promo he's got to do plus international travel jet lag. If he can pull this off with a win, it's going to be legendary. Everything is stacked against him. Time is not on his side. When you feel off you will feel off. He's never been in Abu Dhabi either.

Across the cage you have this epo cardio machine who's ready to hug and wrestle all night. It's going to be tough for Jorge. He needs to be in peak form. 

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -

20lbs isn't all that, somr of you dont realize that a lot of top fighters cut a lot of weight. He will lose less than 10lbs the day of the weigh in. It will slowly come off over the course of the wk.

flights apparently make cutting more difficult, heard that anecdotally many times. let's hope we get a full-strength version, guessing that his recent training has vaguely shadowed fight prep.

Q Anon - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwFPxMwI71Q

I love Jorge, and I am rooting for him.

BUT cutting 20lbs in 6 days is super risky going in against Newsman.

That being said, he knows he has only 1 round to finish this fight, so we can expect to see him go SUPER SAIYAN for 90 seconds.

Does he win by 1st round KO? or does Usman finish Street Jesus by crucifixion?

Newsman has it in the bag.

That’s not a ton of weight for a guy as experienced as Jorge. I don’t know if he’ll be able to avoid the clinch and takedowns gassing him out but that’s the bigger threat to his gas tank than cutting the weight for him. 

Darth Potato -
0hi0direct -

20lbs isn't that bad?

Can any pros speak on this?  With a solid week to prep I dont feel like 20lbs should be too bad at all

Yeah if I’m fully carbed up on fat 0 I can lose 20 lbs in 5 days easy. 

Can you explain being fully carbed up on fat?

1 Like
Fabes - 

That’s not a ton of weight for a guy as experienced as Jorge. I don’t know if he’ll be able to avoid the clinch and takedowns gassing him out but that’s the bigger threat to his gas tank than cutting the weight for him. 

Yeah, the weight itself isn’t that bad.

However, combined with the travel, the promotional requirements, and the lack of notice and thus lack of water loading, it’ll be tough.

Isn’t that a standard cut for 170 lber? If he’s been carbed up eating good he will probably be 180 within days and the rest water the day before weigh ins. 

Rabid Bunyip -
Darth Potato -
0hi0direct -

20lbs isn't that bad?

Can any pros speak on this?  With a solid week to prep I dont feel like 20lbs should be too bad at all

I was wondering what the fuck he was talking about too lol

Yeah he certainly has his work cut out for him. In my fifth pro fight, I cut from 202 to 181 during fight week while coaching and a full time credit load in college. Was called with replacement oppt thurs night and had to drop extra 7 lbs for it, so it become 15 day of. Cut 5 lbs before leaving town and drop the last 10 in the car on the 6 hr drive. Made 181 and hydrated well after. The first 8 min were a lot of scrambling, td/tdd, and clinch work. The high energy work zapped my legs and forearms, cardio was fine. Rest of the fight was just trying to make it to the bell in hopes for a decision. Took a life changing beating the last two min of the third rd trying to get there. The cut wasnt that bad, but you just dont recover from being that depleted in just over 24 hrs and that was only a three rd fight. I dont claim to be on Mas' level, but he has everything working against him. It was going to be a hard fight no matter what, but this will test him big time even if everything goes perfect during fight week 

ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -

How much did Weidman cut against Maia? That was more than a week too, 11 days. Chris said it was fucking brutal and felt like his body was falling apart during the fight.

He did something crazy like 30 pounds... maybe even a little more iirc. Mas will make weight, but people thinking 22 pounds in 5 or 6 days is nothing are crazy. Like others have said that’s on top of the travel, heat and dealing with a monster like Usman. He’s got 2 rounds to get him out of there imo... but Mas does have what it takes to get him out of there so it’ll be fun to watch! 

Rabid Bunyip -
Darth Potato -
0hi0direct -

20lbs isn't that bad?

That was a Steve Jobs/this app typo.  Lol

![](upload://avr4v5mqGEwDjLiaOJ7jb4NHRZm.png)

doesnt look too worried

An Old Shoe -

Has Jorge ever gassed during a fight? He has good stamina. Usman stand up is very under rated as well. 

This is exactly what I was about to post. I don’t think we’ve ever seen Masvidal gas. He didn’t even gas too bad in those two long street fights with Ray. That said, his new ultra aggressive has not led to many long fights, so if he does go all in his cardio may be tested moreso than we’ve ever seen. 

BJJ_Newbie - 

![](upload://avr4v5mqGEwDjLiaOJ7jb4NHRZm.png)

doesnt look too worried

Lol and then there’s this. Who knows if he really ate that and who knows if he was really 192. He could be 175 and trolling everyone for all we know.

2 Likes

20 lbs if u have just been thru a camp with restricted calories is a lot.

But 20 lbs when u werent training to fight & are full of food ain’t that bad. He’ll

Make it np

Bill Mahoney - 20 lbs if u have just been thru a camp with restricted calories is a lot.

But 20 lbs when u werent training to fight & are full of food ain’t that bad. He’ll

Make it np

Yeah. Tough without the water load and with the travel, though.