Mat cover question

I have been trying to find a company that sells the 18 oz. coated vinyl material that goes over martial arts mats. I have received quotes from two companies but the prices were almost as much as buying mats to cover the same amount of space (one quote was $1250 and the other was $1375, just for the cover). I have a 26' x 29' matted area that needs to be covered so it looks more professional (now it is mixed and matched mats which looks kinda "ghetto" for lack of a better term).

All that being said, does anyone know of either a cheap alternative that is 18 oz. coated vinyl material to cover my mats or know of a place that sells them cheap? Thanks in advance to any ideas or information.

You should be able to beat that. There is a truck cover manufacturer that does this in Knoville. I'll try to get the contact info tommorrow.

"I have received quotes from two companies but the prices were almost as much as buying mats to cover the same amount of space (one quote was $1250 and the other was $1375, just for the cover)."

I think the bigger question is where are you finding mats for a 26'x29' area for under $2,000?

Those prices seem in line.

Thanks gaittec!

AmericanJJ, I bought a bunch of 10' x 10' reconditioned mats from resilite.com for $325 each. Once in a while they list them and I grab them up. :)

Neckcranku,

If you are still in need of a cover, I can beat that price by quite a bit. Give me a call.

Chuck Jefferson
Swain Sports
800-662-4616 ext. 14

Thanks Chuck, what's a good time to reach you? I am on East Coast time.

I will be at work tomorrow morning at 8:45 AM. 11:45 Your time. I should be there most of the day.

Chuck
Swain Sports
800-662-4616 ext. 14

P.S. email me your shipping zip code and I will email you a quote when I get in.

What's your email addy? :)

Mine is bill@groundfight.com

Thanks for your time!

I went to a tractor supply (farming equipment) and bought a hay bail cover (maybe two for you!) It was heavy grade vinyl that looked ok when stretched and lasted a long time.

chuck@swainmats.com