Mataleo1 Appreciation thread

For anyone that doesn’t know, Mataleo1 is a physician. He has answered a shit ton of COVID questions as well as other health questions. He has played chess with OG members and given away free private BJJ classes to those that beat him. He is very active on this board and we all need to recognize that very few people in his position will even give a shit about responding to posts.

I salute you sir!!

65 Likes

Now kiss

2 Likes

Also, Hi mataleo!

4 Likes

Well, there’s always at least one idiot. Hopefully the quota has been met.

He’s taken a ton of shit on here with covid but for the most part always seems cordial

Good guy

6 Likes

Yeah, he’s awesome. Great insight and perspective.

Also, he has the patience of a saint. Dealing with Covid as a doctor all day only to show up to a thread and have someone with an IQ of 89 tell you that Bill Gates is trying to put microchips in the vaccine must get annoying.

17 Likes

Solid OGer imo!

5 Likes

Signed.

Indeed, good dude. Not only an excellent poster but he also beat ME in chess a few times–the nerve, right?!!–and he wasn’t even trying!

He’s the kinda dude we wish the world had more of.

5 Likes

Top top OGer…

3 Likes

Hear! Hear!

2 Likes

OGer of the Year 2020.

19 Likes

Ya, I think he’s the only science or medical guy on this forum that makes a point to remain patient and professional when answering questions. Most people, myself included, still just treat this like a stupid internet forum when discussing pandemic-related shit, but he’s brought a very nice calming influence to the forum and has been a reliable and consistent source of information.

Good man!

5 Likes

He maintains a surprising amount of civility and patience considering some of the ridiculous posts he responds to.

6 Likes

Doctors deal with this shit so frequently at hospitals that I’m guessing he’s pretty dead to it by now lol

I think I’d blow my brains out working with patients 24/7.

Mataleo1 is a most excellent member!

he brings great medical knowledge here with a very even keel

5 Likes

excellent point

he is so calm and patient and sees the best in posters

3 Likes

Don’t know how he could have any haters - he’s always been at least a little empathetic to opposing views and able to weigh risk / other considerations when providing his opinion. Was transparent about what he or the medical community does not know and all around reasonable in his points. Lucky to have a high tier medical expert that consistently contributes thoughtful info vs. just parroting the most medically conservative opinion that you can get from the news or CDC.

3 Likes

Thx guys. I’m all hot and bothered now :slight_smile:

23 Likes

Pics?

Bill And Ted 80S GIF by IFC

1 Like