match that ended Rick Rude's career *vid*

1:13 mark. Rude blamed Sting for ending his career after this and was very bitter and vocal about it.

So angry rude was never champ

In

Always wondered what stopped him so young

Darkn3t - Always wondered what stopped him so young

I believe that move legit broke his back. You can see that he landed back first on that step with all 250lbs of Stinger landing on him. He never wrestled again after that. 

Jeez, that entire vid looked sloppy and painful as hell. Lol @ the ref pulling up rude's tights.

Don't think I can fully blame Sting for that. It's a terrible floor set up for starters and both wrestlers should maybe have took that into consideration before doing that spot.

Sleazy Martinez - 

Don't think I can fully blame Sting for that. It's a terrible floor set up for starters and both wrestlers should maybe have took that into consideration before doing that spot.

This. That design should have killed the spot entirely.

Didn't Rude wrestle one match after this in ECW also?

Goddamn they were both sexy back then

what event was that?  Sting was champ and Rude won but he didn't win the strap?

BiggGunn -
Sleazy Martinez - 

This. That design should have killed the spot entirely.

Didn"t Rude wrestle one match after this in ECW also?

Correct

- Rude collected on a Lloyd's of London insurance policy and did not appear in wrestling again until early 1997, when he joined Extreme Championship Wrestling(ECW) as a masked man who harassed Shane Douglas, at one point spanking Francine. He eventually unmasked and became a color commentator before later aligning himself, for a short time, with Douglas and his Triple Threat stable.

In the main event of ECW Heat Wave 1997, Rude made a one-off return to the ring in a six-man tag team match, where he partnered with ECW mainstays Tommy Dreamer and The Sandman to face Jerry Lawler and ECW stars Rob Van Dam and Sabu. During the ECW versus USWA/WWF inter-company competition, Rude helped Lawler win matches against Dreamer and The Sandman.

Wiki

Tommy Gunnz -

- Rude pinned Sting on May 1 at Wrestling Dontaku in Fukuoka to become a three-time champion. Rude, however, injured his back during the match when, upon receiving a suicide dive at ringside, he landed on the corner of the raised platform surrounding the ring; unable to wrestle, he was stripped of the title (with the storyline excuse that he was found to have used the title belt as a weapon in the course of the match). Rude retired shortly after.

Jack Skellington - 
Tommy Gunnz -

- Rude pinned Sting on May 1 at Wrestling Dontaku in Fukuoka to become a three-time champion. Rude, however, injured his back during the match when, upon receiving a suicide dive at ringside, he landed on the corner of the raised platform surrounding the ring; unable to wrestle, he was stripped of the title (with the storyline excuse that he was found to have used the title belt as a weapon in the course of the match). Rude retired shortly after.

Rude was my favorite wcw guy at the time and i was bummed out when i found out about the injury.they aired it on wcw saturday night a week later...
i remember being excited for the match because the tokyo dome atmosphere was electric and rude deserved a big win like that at a big show.

his double kneedrop off the top was devastating and was his finisher in japan.

FloppyBBC Divac - Jeez, that entire vid looked sloppy and painful as hell. Lol @ the ref pulling up rude's tights.

the match was a lot better than that editing job made it look. i hate the horrible music too.

sure the belt spot was botched but the match was solid all things considered.