Matt Brown: Fight w/ Nick Diaz Could Be Legendary

"I think Nick Diaz would be more of a war than anybody else," Brown told the cast and crew of MMA Roasted. "The dude is not afraid to fight. He's a warrior in his own right. He likes to come forward, I like to come forward ... I can see that being a legendary fight, for sure. Of course that's gonna interest me."

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/5/15/5720608/ufc-matt-brown-vs-nick-diaz-immortal-interested-legendary-war-nick-diaz-mma

So what the fuck are you waiting for Dana? Pay Nick and get this shit going. MMA is seriously lacking in BIG fights this year and this could be one of them.

add this to the ufc 176 card and ill buy every ppv forever dana

They aren't going to pay Diaz the money he is asking for.

It just isn't going to happen no matter how much any forum begs.

and before someone says "wahh, we needed another thread on this". Yeah, we did. We have to start demanding the fights we want to see. I'm gonna TTT this thread until Brown's next opponent is announced.

When Nick got pulled from the original GSP fight and Georges got injured, the fans DEMANDED Penn vs. Diaz. And it happened.

Dana will offer Diaz the fight and get no response whatsoever.

and we'll all bitch about Dana.

I believe. Phone Post 3.0

sacredhate - Dana will offer Diaz the fight and get no response whatsoever.

Yep, he'll "offer" him the fight by offering $10 as the total salary. If Diaz refuses, Dana will blame him, just like he did with Cyborg and many others who stood up to his bullying and arm-twisting.

Rhymenoceros - Brown wants Diaz because he believes - at this point in Diaz's career - he's an easy win. Easier than any of the top guys at 170 anyway.

Do you believe that?

I'm as big of a Matt Brown fan as the next guy, but he may get his ribs roasted in this one.

I still want Brown to get a title shot, but would settle for this!

caposa - 

and before someone says "wahh, we needed another thread on this". Yeah, we did. We have to start demanding the fights we want to see. I'm gonna TTT this thread until Brown's next opponent is announced.

When Nick got pulled from the original GSP fight and Georges got injured, the fans DEMANDED Penn vs. Diaz. And it happened.

VU caposa!!

GarlicSauce - 

Yep, he'll "offer" him the fight by offering $10 as the total salary. If Diaz refuses, Dana will blame him, just like he did with Cyborg and many others who stood up to his bullying and arm-twisting.

So he is going to offer him a lower purse than what he is contracted for? Did you really need to take a dig at Dana so bad that you just shit on to the keyboard?

Signed. Fight of the decade for sure.

Just imagine them, foreheads planted together, blasting away.

Could be Fryed Takeyama all over again.

Dana talks about how the Diaz brothers only have a small window to capitalize on their fight careers. Well guess what? So does he. Zuffa has 90% of the best MMA fighters on the planet under contract and we aren't getting the fights we want.

They fucking paid James Toney $500k to get clowned by Randy Couture. Don't tell me you can't pay Nick Diaz. And while you're at it, pay Matt Brown too. Phone Post 3.0

To what, pay him the money for a big fight?

The UFC underpays their fighters, especially compared to other sports, it isn't a question, it's a fact.

Look at other sports, they're essentially splitting the revenue between the league/teams, and the players.

That's not their share of the profit, but the revenue.

In an article they estimated the UFC's annual revenue at $450 million, and their annual fighter payout at around 10% of the revenue.

caposa - Dana talks about how the Diaz brothers only have a small window to capitalize on their fight careers. Well guess what? So does he. Zuffa has 90% of the best MMA fighters on the planet under contract and we aren't getting the fights we want.

They fucking paid James Toney $500k to get clowned by Randy Couture. Don't tell me you can't pay Nick Diaz. And while you're at it, pay Matt Brown too. Phone Post 3.0

Thing is, James Toney was a one time thing, and was actually a pretty decent sized event +500k ppv buys, something they would be praying for today.

But people can't walk in and say, "what the fuck is this, this guy made 500k, i'm worth that", as much with james toney, he's not an MMA guy, he's a big name boxer, and they had the whole boxing vs MMA aspect going.

But with Nick Diaz, it's another guy that came up entirely in MMA, and is getting that much money, you'll have other guys in his and other divisions who have done just as much or even more asking for that much, or even a fraction of it.

You'll have dozens of guys expecting 100k + to show, when right now they're getting 30-60 to show.

shaqitup -
caposa - Dana talks about how the Diaz brothers only have a small window to capitalize on their fight careers. Well guess what? So does he. Zuffa has 90% of the best MMA fighters on the planet under contract and we aren't getting the fights we want.

Thing is, James Toney was a one time thing, and was actually a pretty decent sized event +500k ppv buys, something they would be praying for today.

But people can't walk in and say, "what the fuck is this, this guy made 500k, i'm worth that", as much with james toney, he's not an MMA guy, he's a big name boxer, and they had the whole boxing vs MMA aspect going.

But with Nick Diaz, it's another guy that came up entirely in MMA, and is getting that much money, you'll have other guys in his and other divisions who have done just as much or even more asking for that much, or even a fraction of it.

You'll have dozens of guys expecting 100k + to show, when right now they're getting 30-60 to show.

Fighters SHOULD be demanding that much money. As the post above you mentioned, these fighters are getting paid a small percentage of the revenue. If anything there should be more big name fighters like Nick and Nate holding out. Phone Post 3.0

I don't want this to turn into another Diaz vs Zuffa thread. Just keep the thread going if you want this fight to happen. Phone Post 3.0

If Matt does get this fight it could be a bad move on his part.

why lose to Nick when you're so close to an actual contender fight?

i want this fight to happen..but I just think Nick is a bad matchup for Matt and I love seeing Nick win ..

but damn..
just wait Matt..

https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/149581262&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&visual=true

Here is the interview. Brown comes on at 36.28