Matt Brown: Fight w/ Nick Diaz Could Be Legendary

Has to be a main event so it's 5 rounds.

Brown's a beast and fun to watch but Diaz would hurt him quick. Brown is still way overrated in my opinion. Definitely enjoy watching him fight but they are on different levels.

a legendary beating, I'd love to see it.

Hell yes to this match-up. 

I'd prefer a 5-rounder headliner, but however long it lasted, it would be exciting as hell.

Two of my favorites, wouldn't know who I'd root for.

Face it. Nick knows he can't beat JH, GSP, Lombard, Woodley, Brown, Kim, Condit, and several others and knows he can't handle another loss mentally. Look at what happens when he loses. He's fringe top 10 at this point and knows it.

If he really was as good as you all think, he'd beat Lombard or Brown for $200K, beat JH for the belt and make $200K (or more), and then make millions in PPV because he's the "most popular fighter ever and would sell 1M PPV's every time." He wants $500K a fight? He could be making millions a fight!! Millions!!

Want to know why he doesn't take the above scenario? Because he knows he can't beat those guys to become champ, wants a few big paydays handed to him because he can't earn them, and wants to retire with that money.

caposa - 
shaqitup -
caposa - Dana talks about how the Diaz brothers only have a small window to capitalize on their fight careers. Well guess what? So does he. Zuffa has 90% of the best MMA fighters on the planet under contract and we aren't getting the fights we want.

They fucking paid James Toney $500k to get clowned by Randy Couture. Don't tell me you can't pay Nick Diaz. And while you're at it, pay Matt Brown too. Phone Post 3.0

Thing is, James Toney was a one time thing, and was actually a pretty decent sized event +500k ppv buys, something they would be praying for today.

But people can't walk in and say, "what the fuck is this, this guy made 500k, i'm worth that", as much with james toney, he's not an MMA guy, he's a big name boxer, and they had the whole boxing vs MMA aspect going.

But with Nick Diaz, it's another guy that came up entirely in MMA, and is getting that much money, you'll have other guys in his and other divisions who have done just as much or even more asking for that much, or even a fraction of it.

You'll have dozens of guys expecting 100k + to show, when right now they're getting 30-60 to show.

Fighters SHOULD be demanding that much money. As the post above you mentioned, these fighters are getting paid a small percentage of the revenue. If anything there should be more big name fighters like Nick and Nate holding out. Phone Post 3.0

I do not disagree, but the UFC clearly does.

They don't want to split revenue with the fighters, and they're not in the business of providing the best product possible, they're in the business of maximizing profit, a la a monopoly.

^^God you suck Rampage , the only guys Diaz has trouble with on that list are JH,GSP, and Condit. and if Condit want to actually fight well then Nick would have no problem.

I LOVE DIAZ (no homo) - ^^God you suck Rampage , the only guys Diaz has trouble with on that list are JH,GSP, and Condit. and if Condit want to actually fight well then Nick would have no problem.

Oh you want to talk about guys Nick has problems with? Maybe I should be adding KJ Noons and Mike Aina to the list. Nick, you, I, and anyone with half a brain know guys like Lombard and Woodley would absolutely destroy him. It would be ugly and honestly I don't want to see it as I like Nick and think he would have mental breakdown. He wouldn't be able to emotionally handle that sort of asskicking he would receive. Prob best he just stays "retired" (wink wink) and remains in the safe confines of his Stockton living room.

I would pay $100 to Watch Nick vs Matt.
No shit. Phone Post 3.0

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
I LOVE DIAZ (no homo) - ^^God you suck Rampage , the only guys Diaz has trouble with on that list are JH,GSP, and Condit. and if Condit want to actually fight well then Nick would have no problem.

Oh you want to talk about guys Nick has problems with? Maybe I should be adding KJ Noons and Mike Aina to the list. Nick, you, I, and anyone with half a brain know guys like Lombard and Woodley would absolutely destroy him. It would be ugly and honestly I don't want to see it as I like Nick and think he would have mental breakdown. He wouldn't be able to emotionally handle that sort of asskicking he would receive. Prob best he just stays "retired" (wink wink) and remains in the safe confines of his Stockton living room.

well we'll just disagree on Lombard or Woodley destroying Nick I honestly don't even think they hurt him really. a few big shots standing maybe, how do you beat a brawler you box him and Nicks just better than either of them Woodley would try to win a point wrestling match, Lombard would throw down miss badly and get lit up.

This fight can't lose... Phone Post 3.0

sacredhate - Dana will offer Diaz the fight and get no response whatsoever.

and we'll all bitch about Dana.
Because he is the promoter and supposedly he said he makes fights happen and money / promotion issues is what ruined boxing. In the ufc, that doesn't happen.

He knows how much him and his billionaires buddies make with a Nick Diaz fight. If he decides he'd rather not give a fair share and keep fights from happening, he is exactly like the guys he criticized in boxing.

I'm sure they are sitting around thinking of their worst case scenarios, "Well fuck, right now we are keeping 85% of the profits, if we give in we will end up with 80%. Then what, other fighters do the same and we only get 75% next? No fucking way. These athletes in every other sport get paid and ruin the sport for the owners. I'll be damn if they ruin it for us."

At that point Dana gets to and kicks one of his penguins and skis back into his house. Phone Post

Matt Brown, I'm proud of you. Awesome fighter and he knows damn well publicly mentioning that fight and holding nick in such high regards puts pressure on the pockets.

That is a very subtle way for a fighter to support the cause without getting a target put on their back.

Good shit. Phone Post

rockfists - 
sacredhate - Dana will offer Diaz the fight and get no response whatsoever.

and we'll all bitch about Dana.
Because he is the promoter and supposedly he said he makes fights happen and money / promotion issues is what ruined boxing. In the ufc, that doesn't happen.

He knows how much him and his billionaires buddies make with a Nick Diaz fight. If he decides he'd rather not give a fair share and keep fights from happening, he is exactly like the guys he criticized in boxing.

I'm sure they are sitting around thinking of their worst case scenarios, "Well fuck, right now we are keeping 85% of the profits, if we give in we will end up with 80%. Then what, other fighters do the same and we only get 75% next? No fucking way. These athletes in every other sport get paid and ruin the sport for the owners. I'll be damn if they ruin it for us."

At that point Dana gets to and kicks one of his penguins and skis back into his house. Phone Post

So what's "fair" for a guy who hasn't won in nearly 3 years? Do you think $500K is fair because Nick says so? What makes you think $200K in a title contenders match, where 2 wins puts him away from making millions isn't fair?

I agree the guys making $8K to show or guys making $16K after many fights in the UFC is not fair, as they can't get by. But what gives you the impression that Nick, being one of the highest paid fighters in the sport, is not fair?

TTT Phone Post 3.0

NEEDS to happen. Come on Dana, don't get pissy that guys want a more even share of the cash, you know this will be a huge draw.

C'maaaaaan. You know you want it too BLAF