Matt Furey Kung Fu world champ?

Not trolling here but I recently bought a V max weight vest and their web site claims Furey is a world champ. what is a kung fu world champ? how does one become a world champion kung fu 'er.

serious replies only

Traditional martial arts forum question IMO.

he did shuai chiao which is similar to the standup aspect of judo with with a short sleeved jacket.

an esoteric sport imho.  

It's kind of like in Dodgeball when they strive to become the best in the world by picking someting from Obscure Sports Quarterly. Or how Jim Jacobs (is that his name? Mike Tyson's business manager, pre-King) will probably be the most dominant handball champion in history for the rest of time.

Furey had some legit skills as a wrestler and competed in a similar sport with no elite talent pool to speak of. It'd be like if an NFL team decided to compete in a local Ultimate Frisbee league. Their championship streak would go untouched forever.

Like Cung Le in San Shou,no?

Lord Kancho - It's kind of like in Dodgeball when they strive to become the best in the world by picking someting from Obscure Sports Quarterly. Or how Jim Jacobs (is that his name? Mike Tyson's business manager, pre-King) will probably be the most dominant handball champion in history for the rest of time.

Furey had some legit skills as a wrestler and competed in a similar sport with no elite talent pool to speak of. It'd be like if an NFL team decided to compete in a local Ultimate Frisbee league. Their championship streak would go untouched forever.

alright thanks for breaking it down

I just hope the money spent on the weight vest is worth it

Shuai Jiao, Not San Shou, I believe It's Mongolian in origin. With throws not unlike Judo, but no ground work.

The word was that Furey won the tournament with a bunch of bad double leg takedowns. Source - the internet.

i looked it up

Shuai Chiao is a type of Chinese ...

207 x 288 - 23k - jpg

www.taichiherb.com
First Place Shuai-Chiao Forms ...

327 x 441 - 25k - jpg

www.mastermatt.com

More from www.mastermatt.com ]

increase the panic - X VEST!

yes 40 lb short