Matt Horwich = Sloppy Lindland

I love the guy, but his striking needs to sharpen up. The only reason he hasn't been KO'd cold is because he's so overly aggressive, which in his case is a good thing. He throws punches and kicks relentlessly (which again... is why he wins - he outworks you), but he just seems to throw pitter patter strikes that could easily be countered. He reminds me of the old Lindland. But Horwich definitely seems to be improving. And I love the guy's personality... weird, but likable (no homo).

Wierd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love that guy. He's got retard strength. it looks like he's been training his standup with Matt Hamill.

It's not so much of a "lack of striking", but rather I just wish he would tighten his stand-up. He throws wild haymakers (albeit, that land) that appear to be "arm punches" most of the time. If he sharpened this aspect of his game he'd be a top contender for sure.

http://ifl.tv/News-07Apr10-Study-in-Contrasts.html

he's.....odd

I was watching Horiwch on the IFL Monday night....he has really good submissions, I was definately surprised. His striking is not good though....a decent counter puncher will put him on the mat very soon.

He's definitely one of the more interesting fighters from the IFL. That Horedecki kid and Rothwell are intersting too.

I'd like to see more behind the scenes stuff on those guys. Lindland's interview statements about Horwich were funny.

I met him once and wondered if he had Asperger's or something.

hahahahahahaha

LOL at the "Sloppy Lindland".

I don't think Horwich really likes to hit people that much.

Doesn't throw his punches with bad intentions what so ever.

^ Yeah, Lindland said that he doesn't like to hurt his opponents. He'd rather get a sub if he could, imo. The punches and kicks he throws look like they're more of for 'setting up' his ground game.

Yeah, the guys striking is really sub par. But hey, he wins. he strikes kinda like all the guys from team Quest - except Hendo. I mean, Leben, Quarry, this guy.. but they pull it off with their horrible footwork and weird punches.

They pull it off with their INTENSITY/TENACITY. But if pitted against sharp strikers with power (i.e. Anderson Silva), they usually succumb to the striking superiority. If only they somehow could calibrate their already decent striking to (near) perfection - Team Quest would be unstoppable.

I trained with Matt Horwich at AMC a few years back. He is without a doubt one wierd fucker. Very nice, very humble, very slick on the ground. Very WIERD though...

I did however execute my best Judo throw ever on him while sparring. He flew like 5 feet, then tapped me out :-)

Slie

"I did however execute my best Judo throw ever on him while sparring. He flew like 5 feet, then tapped me out :-)"

TF, P?

I had the same feeling as JSho. I'm no expert, but the first few IFL interviews I saw with Horwch reminded me of a kid I went to middle/high school with who had Asperger's. But he's probalby just a plain ol' weird dude, Jesus freak, hippe parents took the bad acid, etc.

ha

Matt's out there.
seriously out there...
he's a nice guy, just weird.

i remember why he didn't make TUF 3.
cause he doesn't shower...and they didn't want any chance of staph in the house.

but he is tough as nails and won't give up.
if only he got his standup around..it has improved a bit since his fight against Trevor Prangley in 2003. He got mauled in that one.

"i remember why he didn't make TUF 3. cause he doesn't shower...and they didn't want any chance of staph in the house."

WTF You mean he NEVER showers? I fuckin' tap just fathoming that.