Matt Hughes on CNN

"how about hockey?"

scott stevens is #6

Firefighters, Soliders, Boxers are all tougher than Football players

holy shit... 3 teeth??? that IS pretty friggin' tough...

k... maybe totally unrelated but i got a couple of good stories from back when i was in the skateboard game... yeah i know... i'm gonna' get flamed but whatever...

friend named danny way tries a dare-devil stunt on MTV by jumping out of a helicopter into a vert ramp... dislocates his shoulder on the first attempt... knows he popped it out (obviously)... decides to "hurry-up" and try it again because he knows his whole arm is gonna' freeze up in a bit so he hurries back into the helicopter, tries it again... and makes it... and THEN agrees to go to the hospital for his shoulder surgery...

this same kid (who is still under 30 by the way) has already had 4 ACL surgeries (and is rumored to have refused the anaesthetic for one of them so he could stay awake and film it himself), broken his neck surfing, and broken his back dirt-biking... not to mention the long long list of other skate-related injuries...

oh... and then after all these injuries, he recently went on to set 2 guinness world records in one attempt for highest air and furthest air... footage can be seen in the latest DC (shoe co.) video... the highest air record that he broke was also his own by the way...

"tough" or just plain psychotic... you make the call... :)

is penn #2 then?

"Sure Matt would beat the shit out of everyone on the list"

he might have a tough time with rulon gardner.

also hillary would probably choke matt out with her dick

donnie you're outta your element!

you ever been chased by one of those 300lb tubbies?
they move alot faster than you think.

lmao at 300 lbs not being huge

Aron Ralston:
If you're asking yourself "who the hell is Aron Ralston," you'd better step back and re-evaluate your life right now. Ralston, the living legend, was hiking up a cliff in southern Utah (probably to do something manly like take a leak off of it), when a giant boulder fell on him, pinning his arm against the ground. Most people would have just died, but did he surrender his life to a mere giant life-threatening boulder? Hell no. He just kept getting angrier and angrier until he finally CUT OFF HIS ARM WITH A DULL KNIFE. This after he literally chiseled away at the bone so he could snap his arm off and free himself from underneath the rock. Yes, you read that correctly, he cut off his own arm with a dull pocket knife.
Since I don't have any credible sources of what happened next, I'm going to go off of the next best thing: hearsay and rumor. After he cut off his arm, he jumped off the cliff and broke his fall with his face, just because he's that tough. Then he got ambushed by a tribe of angry Indians, caught an arrow in his heart, pulled it out and killed all the warriors with it. On his way back a buffalo crossed his path so what did Ralston do? He head-butted it to death, then he found its offspring and broke their ribs just for pissing him off. Then he chopped down a tree with his undoubtedly large penis, built a raft out of it and rafted down the green river. That's the damn truth--more or less. Aron Ralston is a real man and one tough son of a bitch. He deserves utmost respect for being such a badass.

Noguiera is a tough mother F^&^%er.

He gets run over by trucks, gets piledrived by 390 lb gorillas, takes soccer kicks to the head by police officers, and gets pounded on by a supermutant with steel fists, yet he keeps his composure and doesn't little any damage derail him from reaching his goal.

the list is stupid. I can tell you right now the toughest guy in the world isn't a friggin pro athlete.

totalwreckage, no being a fucking football player makes you a tough guy you idiot. And no doubt that Favre has more injuries, has to compete more regularly and takes more punishment than Hughes

i'd chime in but this thread is infected with the fucking clueless

hey sophos www.learntoread.com who the fuck said Hughes was the toughest because it sure as hell wasnt me. My pick is the guy that sawed his arm off, Soliders, and Fire fighters.

"this same kid (who is still under 30 by the way) has already had 4 ACL surgeries (and is rumored to have refused the anaesthetic for one of them so he could stay awake and film it himself)"

If that is so, he most likely refused the general anesthetic and had them use local anesthetic. That's really not a big deal. A spine surgeon in Minnesota ran a series of over 1000 back surgeries with the use of local anesthetic so that he could test which parts hurt and which ones didn't. (Before anesthetisizing them.) I've had oral surgery under a local anesthetic when the doc suggested IV sedation. (I couldn't arrange a ride home, and I needed to have the surgery done pronto as I was changing jobs and was going to lose my dental coverage.)

My vote for toughest out there is for the men and women who put their lives on their line each day as a part of their job. Soldiers, firefighters, police officers, etc. People looking to protect our lives and freedom.

That fellow who amputated his own arm to save his life is something else.

Of course Football is tough, but PUH-LEASE comparing it to MMA. I notice no pro fighters have weighed in on this, only weekend warriors. Would I rather be tackled by Bob Sapp or kicked in the head by CroCop?

Hmmmm....you GOT to be fucking kidding me.

totalwreckage..your a TARD.

Personally, I thought this venture into Iran was a bad idea from the beginning. There wasn't enough claimed reason to go there, and of late, certainly not enough proven reason to be there that was worth the loss of life to me. BUT, that being said, when you talk about the guys who are over there risking their very lives every day, surrounded by people willing to die to kill them, well, THAT'S MENTAL TOUGHNESS. Everything else is just fun and games.

Over the duration of a season, I'd vote for hockey being a tougher sport to play, than football. Just based on the amount of contact in the sport and the length of the seasons in which they play. Hockey isn't played once a week like football is ( don't compare a football practice to an NHL game ) so there is much less time for injuries to heal up.

82 games + preseason and playoffs = close to 100?

16 games + preseason and playoffs = close to 30?

i think someone tough is someone who can take pain without bitching about it, not the one trying to inflict the pain then bitches the second he gets hit.

Fighters and pro sports figures know when game time is and can prepare for it.

Firefighters and cops however can find themselves fighting for their lives at any moment. You usually have no advance warning and it happens at the worst times (when your sick, been up for two days etc). Having to be ready at all times isn't easy and is why they burn out and don't live ling after retirement etc.

Other occupations like Soldiers etc also suffer these effects.

dangerboy 12????

Doctors aren't fighting for their lives. The top 10% of cops and firefighters are extremely tough. I can introduce you to some if you like.