Matt Hughes (Prime) vs Anderson Silva

lol Phone Post

i would give prime hughes a small chance at maybe like 2004 ANderson. Not today's anderson.

On the Bubba the Love Sponge show Matt actually issued a challenge to Silva before the first Franklin fight.

He said that if Silva beat Franklin, he wanted to fight him. After Silva destroyed Franklin, Matt never brought it up again.

CatchAsCatchCan - How do you guys think Hughes and Silva's submission skills measure up. I personally don't think Hughes could submit Silva, but I do think Hughes could fend off Silva's submissions, which would allow Hughes to ground and pound Silva for 5 rounds.

Just...stop.! Phone Post

Not against todays Anderson, although I guess he would have as a chance as anybody Silva's already beaten Phone Post

CatchAsCatchCan - How do you guys think Hughes and Silva's submission skills measure up. I personally don't think Hughes could submit Silva, but I do think Hughes could fend off Silva's submissions, which would allow Hughes to ground and pound Silva for 5 rounds.

You cannot win this way against Silva unless you have the chin/toughness to take some NASTY punishment, survive, and then end up on top of Silva. That's why Chael was able to come so close, and Silva still found a way to finish him.

In a 5 round fight, Silva is catching his opponent with something crazy sometime over the course of those 5 rounds and finishing the fight. Phone Post

Prime Hughes would have to face teh Silva that was fighting around Pride 20 or so (at 170) to have a chance. Even then I would say it would have to favor Anderson!

I wouldnt give Hughes a chance vs Silva of the last 7-8 years.

And I actually like Hughes

ABE FROMAN - 

Ok, now who likes Cinnabon?

OOOOOOOH!!!

I DO!! I DO!!

ABE FROMAN -

Ok, now who likes Cinnabon?

This guy!!! Phone Post

So few Cinnabon lovers. Where are your taste buds, people?

I'm gonna make it real simple for you OP. Picture the following but 50 times more brutal... That's how Silva-Hughes would go... Are you ready?

I think after Matt Hughes beat Carlos Newton a second time, he called out Anderson Silva? Would have been a great match in the day, and highly competitive (Sakurai had a lot of success against Anderson with takedowns, I do think it would be QUITE plausible that Hughes would win, even a dominating decision).

Of course, Anderson Silva today would royally fuck up any version of Hughes.