Matt Hughes Reveals Ricardo Almeida Asked for UFC

Newly Minted UFC Hall of Famer Matt Hughes comments on his recent induction and talks about his UFC 117 contest with Renzo Gracie black belt Ricardo Alemida. Shot and edited by Rick Lee. Interview by Danny Acosta

TTT

"reveals"? We already knew that Almeida asked for him.

I do see where the Gracie hunter stuff comes from. Royce Renzo Now Ricardo and he took out Serra who trained with the Gracies and receieved his Black Belt from Renzo

Markos - I do see where the Gracie hunter stuff comes from. Royce Renzo Now Ricardo and he took out Serra who trained with the Gracies and receieved his Black Belt from Renzo
Yeah, pretty much the last two years for Hughes has been vs. the Renzo Gracie team. If he beats Almeida, who do they have left to avenge?

GSP? ... he trained with Renzo for the Hardy match

Lol at the new "Gracie Hunter". Matt should be called the "Gracie Euthanizer" cause he takes them out when they are old and have been out of the fight game for years. Saku is the only real Gracie Hunter.

gonna laugh when Hughes dominates Almeida..

inf0 - gonna laugh when Hughes dominates Almeida..

I don't think that will happen (even if Hughes win, it will absolutely not be dominant). But why would it make you laugh exactly?

I've got Ricardo edging out a decision in this one. Although Ricardo has world class grappling, and much improved wrestling, I think he will keep this one on the feet and outscore Hughes in a decision. When you think about it, Renzo was beating Matt on the cards going into the 3rd Rd, then he gassed out.

Marzz - 

I don't think that will happen (even if Hughes win, it will absolutely not be dominant). But why would it make you laugh exactly?

because the Renzo clan is trying everything it can to get a win over Hughes.... who's going to be next after Almeida?

jesus dont you people read

i said gsp could be next. he worked with renzo for the hardy fight and a gsp vs hughes would make huge cash.
so gsp dominates kosheck the brawls with fitch then a fight with hughes to redeem the gracies

inf0 - 
Marzz - 

because the Renzo clan is trying everything it can to get a win over Hughes.... who's going to be next after Almeida?

GSP was training with John Danaher long before the Hardy fight. If you look, John Danaher was in GSP's corner for the Hughes fight. Doesnt that mean "the Renzo Team" already has a victory over Hughes.

I just think Renzo is trying to get Ricardo to the next level in the UFC and I think anytime you can put a "W" next to a name like Hughes its a huge win. I am not a Matt Hughes fan however you can not deny he was great

I think Hughes will win this. Although it will be a much closer fight than Hughes vs. Renzo was.