Matt Hughes signs multi-fight deal with the UFC

http://matt-hughes.com/blog1/2009/09/03/sheid-diesel/

Last week I went out to Vegas and I signed a multi-fight deal with the UFC, which is much like my last contract. I also brought up the fact that I wanted to do a hunting show and they thought that would be a good thing. They still have to find out who, where and when my next fight will be and I will try to post that info ASAP. Nothing is decided yet, so anything you might be reading on the internet right now is just rumors and speculation. However, one name the UFC did bring up is a person I’ve never fought before.

I like Matt Hughes the fighter, but not sure he still has it without Pat.

Matt vs Pat, no time limit!

WAR Hughes. Personally I'd like to see him fight Kos

Good for Matt. Although he at times is sketchy towards fans he is a great fighter and was a great champion.

All other welterweights are as deer in his crosshairs.

Pretty odd to see Matt and Randy getting new contracts at this stage.

I bet they're going to try to launch the new guys with them a-la Shamrock/Franklin.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! i am not a fan this news has ruined my day lol

I think a rematch against BJ Penn at 170 might be his last hurrah.

hughes via camo outfit and huge rifle

Domingo - Pretty odd to see Matt and Randy getting new contracts at this stage.

I bet they're going to try to launch the new guys with them a-la Shamrock/Franklin.
Very well could be what someone is thinking.. Any up and comer beating Matt or Randy is a big deal and would sound good in a commercial.

(insert ufc commercial guys voice)

"Coming off his destruction of matt Hughes"

Matt Hughes is a legend of the sport, and one of the greatest warriors to ever step foot inside the octagon. I will drive my John Deere 8520 tomorrow in celebration of this news.

Hunting: The only sport where your opponent doesn't know he's playing.

wrongaboutVitali - Hunting: The only sport where your opponent doesn't know he's playing.

Fighting Paulo Filho is the same.

Squared Circle - 
wrongaboutVitali - Hunting: The only sport where your opponent doesn't know he's playing.

Fighting Paulo Filho is the same.

LMAO I've been in two threads and back to back you've said something hilarious. VOTED UP.

Great news. I was hoping Hughes would continue fighting.

Prediction: Jon Fitch vs. Matt Hughes.

Matt vs Brock in a hunting contest!The key is,they've got to hunt eachother!!!yikes!!!

Hallman