Matt Hughes signs multi-fight deal with the UFC

wrongaboutVitali - Hunting: The only sport where your opponent doesn't know he's playing.

You've obviously never hunted...lol they are ALWAYS playing, whether the hunters are there or not.

did he even land one punch v. sera?

Hughes vs trigg 3
Hughes vs bj 2
Hughes vs koscheck
Hughes vs karo

Hughes would get killed by Fitch....

I'd like to see him against Anthony Johnson, Fitch, or anyone else that would beat him

right now Paul Daley would beat him, as would fitch, Anthony johnson, Koscheck, Alves...

CRE - I would love to see him fight Anthony Johnson :D

Everyone's going to call me psycho, but Matt would beat AJ.

"Pretty odd to see Matt and Randy getting new contracts at this stage."

They -- like Tito -- are huge names and among the few fighters who could actually do something to raise the profile of orgs like Strikeforce. UFC wants all their stars locked in so they can't help the competition.

In Matt's case I think there is also genuine loyalty toward him from Zuffa as well; probably not the case with Tito -- whom Dana said would never be back -- and Randy, who is not only the EA cover boy but has had issues with the UFC in the past.

Squared Circle - 
wrongaboutVitali - Hunting: The only sport where your opponent doesn't know he's playing.

Fighting Paulo Filho is the same.

Well done my friend....well done!

No doubt way over the hill, but UFC is wasting its big names. If a guy is popular to a substantial degree, just put him against cans over and over. We'll mock this approach on this forum, the mocking will have zero impact financially, and 90% of the fans won't know or care about the quality of opposition.

hope he learns some new moves

Hughes can still takedown and grind out wins against a lot of fighters, maybe not the best fighters but against the rest of the division he would be a tough gatekeeper.

His style is boring and predictable, but if you allow 16-10 Couture to keep fighting why not let Hughes who has a far more accomplished record.

i thought he was retiring ?? oh welll

i am sure Brock will be his first guest on the HUNTING show

I wonder if he made anyone at the meeting read the bible. I hope he loses every single fight.

Hallman IMO.

I think Hughes is probably still top 10 but he doesn't seem train hard enough anymore or really have the desire to exel.

Renzo Gracie.

I want to see him fight dangerous strikers

Wanna see him scrap with Carlos Newton one more time...seriously.