Matt Hume's gym?

I'm wondering if anyone here is a part of AMC Pankration or knows what the environment is like there?

I've been thinking about starting at his gym, but I don't have any prior experience and have no aspirations to compete or anything like that.

I know this it is a serious gym that trains champions, and I'm not sure it is a place that would want a hobbyist taking up their time.

Thank...

Call them up or stop by. Phone Post 3.0

I will...I was just curious if anyone here had any experience with his gym...guess not, lol.

Thanks

If you end up training there im sure we'd be interested in hearing about your experiences Phone Post 3.0

Can't you see reviews on Google? Phone Post 3.0

It's got a ton of good and detailed Yelp reviews

I would surely share my experiences.

I found Yelp has one review from this year that was positive for someone in my position.

thanks

WattMell - You'll probably get green lit before entering the building. Phone Post 3.0

Well, I have been having dreams of Demetrious Johnson crawling up my leg with a knife in his teeth.

BusterBluth -
WattMell - You'll probably get green lit before entering the building. Phone Post 3.0

Well, I have been having dreams of Demetrious Johnson crawling up my leg with a knife in his teeth.
He wouldn't need the knife, but you should try it! Also, love your screen name Phone Post 3.0

Elias Cepeda - 
BusterBluth -

He wouldn't need the knife, but you should try it! Also, love your screen name Phone Post 3.0

Hey hermano, thanks.

I'll likely give it a try once I shuffle around my finances...Its $200/month for unlimited classes for both striking and grappling.

BusterBluth -
Elias Cepeda - 
BusterBluth -

Hey hermano, thanks.

I'll likely give it a try once I shuffle around my finances...Its $200/month for unlimited classes for both striking and grappling.

Who is this "hermano"??? Haha

I feel you. Yeah, that's not small change. I've never been out there but if I were in the area it would be one of my first stops. I would imagine Hume is a solid teacher. He certainly has the knowledge. Of instructors I only know from afar and haven't personally trained with, he's probably one of the ones I respect the most, just based on his own fighting career, who he's produced as a fighter, how he himself still trains hard, and the corner coaching he gives during fights.

Good luck, brother! Phone Post 3.0

This is a couple years old but it seems pretty welcoming.

http://youtu.be/2NPdxHe2nl8 Phone Post 3.0

I think pretty much everyone here has heard Hume is an incredible coach. All I have ever read was praise for the level of detail and wealth of knowledge he has in the sport.

I took a seminar of his in the late 90's and I still use a lot of what he taught us Phone Post 3.0

Thanks very much for all the responses, I appreciate them all.

Also, I think he comes from a catch background, which I've always had a fascination with so that's cool too.

Thanks again.

Hume is a legend and its next door to Joel Jameson I don't understand why it's not a Mecca for fighting! Phone Post 3.0

point312 - Hume is a legend and its next door to Joel Jameson I don't understand why it's not a Mecca for fighting! Phone Post 3.0

Yeah I even saw a video on his website of Matt Hume demonstrating a double wrist lock.

I just read a post on sherdog that said that more people don't train at Matt Hume's because it is a "grind house" and that lower level guys get beaten up a lot.

BusterBluth - I just read a post on sherdog that said that more people don't train at Matt Hume's because it is a "grind house" and that lower level guys get beaten up a lot.

Can anyone confirm this?

I've decided not to pursue joining this gym at least for the time being.

My cost of living has gone up these last few weeks, and its located much farther away than I anticipated so on top of the $200 monthly fee, I would have to spend significantly more on gas as well.