Matt Lindland only got paid $1000 by Strikeforce?

Thefightnetwork is reporting this. This has to be a joke, right? Paying a guy like Lindland only a grand for his last win is an insult.

Does anybody know the story behind this?

he got paid a bonus that isnt reported to the commission

Paid in magic beans?

If you believe this, you are extremely gullible.

I'm sure Strikeforce paid Lindland a percentage of their gate or worked out some sort of other business arrangement that wouldn't be reflected in his purse for the fight considering he's a promoter and the biggest name in MMA in that market.

C0023257.jpg picture by TheDropper 

Tax evader! He'll make a good politician. :)

matt lindland + 1,000 for a fight = laffable

Did he fight for a campaign contribution? lolz

It's 2010, and people still think the reported purses are either a. the only pay fighters get, or b. have anything at all to do with taxes?

LOL.

It's reminiscent of the time he only got paid once for fighting Bustamante twice in one night - both sub losses.

SecondBase - It's reminiscent of the time he only got paid once for fighting Bustamante twice in one night - both sub losses.

Telfo -  he got paid a bonus that isnt reported to the commission

Oh I know, but still, a base salary of $1000?

It would make sence if he was paid $10,000 with a gate bonus, but not a thousand

crowbar - C0023257.jpg picture by TheDropper 

They made him dress up in some gay suit, only to hand him $40 more underneath a piece of furniture?!?!?

I DON'T GET IT!

Baby calf wages?

Cindy

Jack Skellington - 
Telfo -  he got paid a bonus that isnt reported to the commission

Oh I know, but still, a base salary of $1000?

It would make sence if he was paid $10,000 with a gate bonus, but not a thousand

For all we know, Lindland may have set it up like this.

He may have been so confident he would win, he said he'd only take $1000 up front for a higher win bonus/% of gate, etc...

^

Hahaha. Relax bud. They said for UFC 100 Frank got Paid 55k when in reality he made 400k+ and Lesnar made well over a million then that 450k. 

When are people going to realize that it's only the UFC that pays just the reported purses. All other org's pad those paydays with huge bonuses.

/sarcasm.