Matt Lindland Vs. Anderson Silva??

From GracieFighter.com

Inside sources have informed us that the UFC has contacted Matt Lindland to face their new Middleweight Champion, Anderson Silva. Lindland's takedown skills and ability to take out top strikers have the UFC intereseted in a matchup between him and the Brazilian standup ace. After defeating Jeremy Horn and barely losing a razor thin decision to Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Matt has become the hot commodity at 185lbs. There are 2 factors impeding the scheduling of this match. Number 1 is that Matt still has a fight left in his WFA contract. The second issue is money. So far the UFC's offers have been considered less than generous compared to what the WFA and IFC have offered him. For Matt to fight in the UFC he will have to completely relinquish fighting in other organizations and he would like to be compensated accordingly.
There will be meetings between Matt and the UFC in the upcoming days to see if these issues can be resolved and if a Anderson Silva vs. Matt Lindland fight can become a reality.

http://graciefighter.com/?page=news&PHPSESSID=bf5348c498efeef1ec3dafb20829e6ed

if this is true it looks like the ufc doesn't want a foriegn champ all of a sudden they have a hard on for lindland? if they start this racial bullshit this will be thier undoing i have always defended the ufc and dana but if they go this route im done with them.

So your telling me you DON'T want to see Matt fight Anderson? Are you crazy? Matt is arguably the number 1 fighter at 185 why would you not want to see the ufc bring him in..Call me crazy but I HIGHLY doubt their reasons are for "racial bullshit".

KD

its just wierd that they didn't want him in the ufc and certainly didn't want him as the champ now silva crushes franklin and all of a sudden they now want lindland.

i hope im wrong like i said im as big a fan of the ufc as they come so i hope you guys can convince me that im jumping the gun because if dana is stupid enough to not know this kind of thing could put a permanent black eye on the organization then someone better tell him.

Silva by KO, any day and everyday.

Maybe the UFC thinks Silva will fuck Matt up and that is why they are now willing to bring Matt back.

Or maybe they just think it will be a great fight.

I get tired of people calling the UFC racists. If they are so racist why were they trying to build Kongo up so much? Last I checked he was black and from outside the USA.

Lindland is the worst possible opponent for A. Silva I can think of.

He's hard as fuck to KO, constantly pressures, and has been finishing Blackbelts on the ground lately (and his last fight standing).

There's always a chance Silva could KO him quick, but thats his only chance.

If Silva can beat Lindland he truly has become a well rounded fighter.

This would be a great fight.

whomever wins that match up is without a doubt the #1 at 185 IMO.

That is the best matchup to be made at 185 right now. It would make an exciting, unpredictable matchup.

It is funny that when Franklin was champ, beating everyone they put in with him easily, the UFC wanted nothing to do with Linland. Suddenly when Rich gets whooped the UFC cannot wait to get Matt back into the cage.

What a shock that negotiations have stalled over money. Zuffa=cheap ass mofo's

ADMIN: [ Delete Message : Warn User : Warn Super Admin ]

Date: 10/19/06 09:36 AM
1828 Total Posts Ignore User

"Maybe the UFC thinks Silva will fuck Matt up and that is why they are now willing to bring Matt back.
Or maybe they just think it will be a great fight.

I get tired of people calling the UFC racists. If they are so racist why were they trying to build Kongo up so much? Last I checked he was black and from outside the USA."

good point freak like i said i need to not think thier gonna try and do this because i love the ufc but i hope dana realizes the importants of his future actions on this subject because if he gets this type of bad pub the media(all media) will eat his ass up.

"Suddenly when Rich gets whooped the UFC cannot wait to get Matt back into the cage."

That or it might have to do with the fact he just KO'ed Horn, stepped up in weight had the fight of the year against Rampage (which I will say to the day I die he won) Choked out Fabio Leopoldo, TKO'ed Nino Shembri, stepped up a weightclass and choked out Van Arsdale, and everybody is currently saying he's the No. 1 185er in the world right now.

It's kinda hard to ignore a guy who does that, IMO.

The UFC doesnt have a lot of choices as far as suitable opponenets for Anderson Silva. Getting Lindland will give them a top credible opponent while Franklin is healing and built back up for a rematch. Also gives them time to scramble and find other good opponents for Silva, as PRIDE has many other top 186 lbers locked up.

Makes sense tp bring Lindland back right now!

Lutter and Salaverry next best options.

Swick and many other up and comers not ready for this guy quite yet.

Kongo speaks english. Silva doesn't.

I agree w/ CavemanDave. People have been anxiously awaiting Matt's return to the UFC. He's gone on to improve and prove his worth while the UFC brings in a tremendous striker who wrecks two of its popular fighters.

Lindland vs. Silva is good stuff.

I could see Nathan Marquardt or Travis Lutter being a good match up for Anderson.

The problem the UFC has is that Rich Franklin was their perfect champion.

He WAS good looking, articulate, spoke english, and was an exciting fighter that consistantly won and that was easily marketable to the "typical" UFC fan!

Anderson Silva has that excitement factor, but he doesn't speak english which thereby limits his amount of marketability!

Matt Lindland does not have that excitment factor, but he always wins. He is not good looking and combined with the fact that a lot of fans find his style boring (meaning he doesnt finish his fights using standup; it s usually a calculated plan to get a takedown, and work towards a stoppage on the ground), he isnt entirely marketable either.

The UFC has to decide between Lindland or Silva who they are better off with as a champ.

Personally, I feel explosive, highlight reel KO's can win over anybody!

id like to see matt back in the ufc take the title then hold out just to screw over dana white and co for the way they treated him