Matt Riddle signs with WWE

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -

Guessing he is in NXT now which is like the "minor leagues" of the WWE. Its where they first bring talent to get them over with the crowd and can work on charaters to see what works and what does not. Then once you get popular enough, you come up to Raw or Smackdown. I think he will do well down there but there are a lot of talented indy wrestlers in NXT so by no means is he a for sure thing to be successful.

I wonder how WWE will react with him being so open and pro pot, if I recall RVD was open about it but that was awhile ago. My guess is they will tell him not to talk about it but time will tell.

Eh, it’s not quite minor leagues, it’s still WWE, and it’s more for acclimatizing wrestlers to the WWE style of work.

Even though now, the main roster is full of indy guys who have to hit all their crazy spots in every match, so big moves mean nothing anymore. 

Seats Taken -

Crazy how much has changed. Riddle was cut for weed... but now guys like Sean O’Malley are sponsored by Dispensary’s and post videos daily of smoking and training for his fights. 

Only thing that hasn’t changed is potheads like them will never get anywhere near UFC gold

Guessing he is in NXT now which is like the "minor leagues" of the WWE. Its where they first bring talent to get them over with the crowd and can work on charaters to see what works and what does not. Then once you get popular enough, you come up to Raw or Smackdown. I think he will do well down there but there are a lot of talented indy wrestlers in NXT so by no means is he a for sure thing to be successful.

I wonder how WWE will react with him being so open and pro pot, if I recall RVD was open about it but that was awhile ago. My guess is they will tell him not to talk about it but time will tell.

Probably still gets more for NXT than the majority of UFC fighters. 

WWE Champion material.

Dougie - 
JOB - 

Had a pretty good run in the UFC but left to pursue pro-wrestling. The chances of actually making it big in pro-wrestling are 1 in a 100. He's been grinding the indy scene for a few years now and has got himself a decent following and has finally got signed to the WWE. 

LOL!

He did not "leave" the UFC to pursue pro-wrestling.

He was let go because he couldn't pass drug tests.

He left MMA to pursue pro-wrestling. I’m well aware he was cut from the UFC for smoking weed.

Mandible_Claw -

Chipper!

What's that?!?!

JOB -
Dougie - 
JOB - 

Had a pretty good run in the UFC but left to pursue pro-wrestling. The chances of actually making it big in pro-wrestling are 1 in a 100. He's been grinding the indy scene for a few years now and has got himself a decent following and has finally got signed to the WWE. 

LOL!

He left MMA to pursue pro-wrestling. I’m well aware he was cut from the UFC for smoking weed.

in which case, it seems unusual that you framed your post in a way which made it appear that Riddle voluntarily gave up a spot in the ufc, to go into pro wrestling

Dougie -
JOB - 

LOL!

Did his post really have you screaming with laughter? 

Good luck to the guy. Always seemed happy and passionate.

Very happy for him.

Not my thing but a buddy of mine who loves wrestling says he’s been putting in a real shift and doing awesome on the Indy scene.

Always find it inspiring when a guy changes career and makes a success of it. 

Dreville79 -
Seats Taken -

Crazy how much has changed. Riddle was cut for weed... but now guys like Sean O’Malley are sponsored by Dispensary’s and post videos daily of smoking and training for his fights. 

Only thing that hasn’t changed is potheads like them will never get anywhere near UFC gold

Yup. Ain’t touching that strap without Alcohol and Cocaine. 

Bigtrain2681 - 

Probably still gets more for NXT than the majority of UFC fighters. 

Doubtful.

The WWE is notorious for paying their top talent megabucks and fucking over everyone else. The NXT guys are at the bottom of the ‘everyone else’ category.

Thebonfirexm -
Mandible_Claw -

Chipper!

What's that?!?!

Rampage gave him that nickname during TUF 7.

Malvert the Janitor - 
Dougie -
JOB - 

LOL!

Did his post really have you screaming with laughter? 

No. but I did laugh out loud.

I thought his followup post was more accurate when he said Riddle left MMA to pursue wrestling.

It's nice to see a guy doing well at something he's enjoying. I hope Riddle gets his shot int he big leagues of wrestling entertainment.

Seats Taken -

Rules have changed overtime but I believe Riddle couldn’t pass in competition tests 

Thebonfirexm -
Mandible_Claw -

Chipper!

What's that?!?!

rampage called him that on TUF

The Pendulum -

Eh, it’s not quite minor leagues, it’s still WWE, and it’s more for acclimatizing wrestlers to the WWE style of work.

Even though now, the main roster is full of indy guys who have to hit all their crazy spots in every match, so big moves mean nothing anymore. 

NXT is more like a finishing school. They take indy wrestlers and WWE recruits and train them in how to cut promos, be aware of TV cameras, how to work a crowd, etc., as well as in ring training. Even most guys who’ve had success elsewhere have to go through NXT before going on TV.

Congrats to him. Always liked watching him fight.

The Salaminzer - 
The Pendulum -

NXT is more like a finishing school. They take indy wrestlers and WWE recruits and train them in how to cut promos, be aware of TV cameras, how to work a crowd, etc., as well as in ring training. Even most guys who’ve had success elsewhere have to go through NXT before going on TV.

Also, the barely have to travel in NXT and when they do - travel costs are covered. A lot of indy guys expenses go towards travel costs and accommodation.

He's got a good look. It's just not a good look for WWE.