Matt Thornton PA Seminar

I can't believe I just wasted an hour reading the Bullshido page. A complete waste, except for what Matt and Luis posted. Thats worth reading.

Some people just don't like reality and that couple proves it. And Matt, I can't believe you wasted 15 minutes with those two trying to talk some sense. I would have given them two minutes then it would be "Either come in and train or hit the road...except for the broad. She can hit the road now."

Other than that, I'm glad your seminar went well.

Terry G.

Luis gotta let me know when your back around for those workshops. Not everyday u meet someone who mounts u easily then tells you how they did it right afterwards. LOL

Brad Souders

Sounds like an "eventful" seminar!

Luis - you've my idol! (LOL) 6'6", almost 400 llbs and dead lifts 1000 llbs? Geez...I didn't know Bob Sapp had a brother.

I want those two hours of my life back after reading thru all those posts...

Matt - I thought your post were very polite and explained your points perfectly. Some people don't want to see the elephant even after the lights are on I guess.

Looking forward to seeing you two again in NYC.

J.

J, thanks much.

Luis is really organizing the east Coast well, and between all the groups there now, SBG_NY, SBG_NJ, PA, Seans, Danny Sauerez, etc, it will be a great time to put together Monthly gorilla cup so everyone gets some training time and practice competition.

I am sure Luis will be putting out some notes on that asap.

See you guys soon.
-Matt

Update-
It seems that Djimbe will accept a match with Matt, but he wants the first one to be just stand up, then he will have a MMA match.
Should be interesting if it ever happens.

Greese1,

Dj has an invitation to the Gym anytime, as stated on the post. I'll be happy to box with him if that is what he would like to do. No worries.

However, please keep in mind I have met this man, and he is really just a very large nerd. And I don't mean to insult nerds, I love star trek as much as the next guy. But trust me, he is a very delusional geeky sort of fellow, that believes in Martial Arts Majik, and has the conditioning to last perhaps 30 seconds of solid moving before he looks like he will have a heart attack.

The best thing to do is just leave the guy alone and let him live in his universe.

Regardless, we do have an open mat, and he is welcome anytime.

cheers
-Matt Thornton
www.straightblastgym.com

You mean I've been wasting my time over there trying to have an intelligent conversation with him?

I personally think he got into something his wife/gf started. He seems nice, just misguided, and trying to protect her "honor" I suppose. I did question how he ended up on the Mat, being sick and all, and she didn't when it was her post that started this whole mess.

The East Coast, especially NYC, seems like the place to be right now and I'm very excited.

J.

Well, it seems he will not set foot on a SBGI place because of the way he was treated and something about if the head of the snake strikes then there is no reason to think the body won't constrict or something like that.

Yes it sucks to arrive at a seminar late, and be allowed in for free.

Have the Instructor take 15 minutes of his valuable time to talk to you while you relate comic book like Kung Fu stories.

Be allowed on the mat to train, and then after walking in with a "im a bad ass" look get gently tapped out by someone who is 200lbs lighter then you and a full foot shorter.

Then have that same athlete help you catch your breath and recover your breathing, because they are concerned for your well being.

Then talk with you some more, and wish you a good day.

And then to be invited back anytime after that?!

I can't believe we acted that way!? ; )

Enjoy the day
-Matt Thornton
www.straightblastgym.com

Hold the press. LOL did you say there is a SBG in PA? Where is that at? Was the seminar at the SBG of PA. I thought it was just another school who brought you in for a seminar. Info please :)

Phillyman,

It looks like their will be an SBGi-ATG in Pennsylvania come January. It will be posted on the SBGi main page in the East Coast section.

-Luis

Tom and Paul Pirozzi will be strating a regular training group in PA under the guidence of Luis, and opening a Gym sometime around the begining of 2004.

Right now we have fulltime Gyms in Ny, and NJ.

However, between those Gyms, and the training groups (ATG's) in the area, Luis is hoping to organize some gorilla cups, and inter-school competitions like we do here in Oregon. In preparation for NAGA and other events.

You can reach Luis at luis@onedragon.com for info.

-Matt

Aha, Luis posted right before me.

My typing skills are to sllloooww.

Ok i was wondering where in PA they would be holding classes at. The SBG of NJ with Paul Myatovich rocks but because of my new car lease going there at least 2x a week puts me in bind with the mileage that im allowed and going from a Civic to a Forester turbo im making more trips to the gas pump

With the help of Fernando and the regional directors I will try and get the website totally updated after this next seminar in Canada. Complete with all the Gyms, and ATG's. That will make it easier for you, and everyone else to find.

And before I forget, there is Steve in Boston as well.

East Coast is indeed taking off.

cheers
-Matt Thornton
www.straightblastgym.com

I am working on the South Region. We just happen to be to busy training and fighting.LOL

Adam

Sure sign of mental instability: Have chance to attend SBGI seminar for free, get essentially a private lesson from Luis, and bail out.

smartmonkey, your mother smells of elderberries; can I come to your next seminar for free? LOL!

Still recovering from the Trekkies line.

Now I know what to do for the throwdown in Jan (I'm the organizer).

Have everyone run a half mile for warm up....

"I got maybe half way, at one point she says that her husband gassing is irrelevant because that doesnt mean anything in a real fight."

Ah, yes - the (in)famous "real fights only last a few seconds so why do I need conditioning?" argument...which conveniently neglects the fact that those few seconds are going to seem like minutes (and maybe even longer) so you had better be in shape.

hey luis,

could you put up a link to that video of the 2 nerds at the seminar?

not that i really have to see it... but I did waste an hour of my life reading that thread at bullshido...... my fault really.