Matyushenko to fight at MW!!!

I just read on fight sport that Vladimir Matyushenko plans on returning to his original fighting weight and fighting at Middleweight. He will definitely be a force in that division.

It makes me think back to when people were saying that Vladdy lost to Tito because he was drained cutting down to 205. Why not give Tito the credit he deserves for beating a top fighter? Oh yeah Tito beat all nobodies.

ttt

Middleweight is 185

Light heavy is 205.

I'm assuming you meant 205....probably be a good move for him. Today's heavies are too big for a guy his size, but he is a tough nut at 205.

Actually I meant 185. According to fightsport, he wants to fight at his old weight of 185. To confirm the "fightsport scoop" Frank Trigg on mmaweekly radio would be a good person to ask this question to since he trains with Vladdy.

I know Vladdy and see him all the time. He could make 185 if he really wanted to.

He would be fucking huge at 185. The ufc should have him fight Riggs.  I think Vladdy would KO him after wearing him down on the ground because Riggs would be fighting off of his back for sure.

Saying Vladdy lost the fight against Tito because he took it on short notice and Tito had already been training for Vitor makes more sense then because he was drained cutting the weight. For one thing he's a wrestler who cut weight for years. I think Tito also deserved a lot of credit for stepping up against such a top fighter on short notice.

vladdy is bad ass, despite this being old news

I'd like to see the UFC match him up against Trevor Prangley.

Vlady knew for a long time that he had to make 205 for the weigh-ins, he was training to fight Randleman, while Tito was preparing for Vitor. Both bowed out, so they ended up fighting each other instead.

JensK is correct. Vladdy was already training to fight at 205.

And like Dogmeat said, the Fightsport "scoop" came from a thread here on the UG.

"Vlady knew for a long time that he had to make 205 for the weigh-ins"

He didnt struggle to make 205--- as I mentioned before,some of these world class wrestlers have it timed perfectly on how much weight they can lose in a certain amount of time.

Vlady fought in the NJ show and weigh ins for the main event were held LAST.Matter of fact Tito didnt make 205 at the weigh in and was given another hour to make weight.He lost in in about 20 mins.

Vlady was expecting to weigh in last--just like they did in NJ-- so he thought he had another 20 mins to cut weight.Instead they called him and Tito to weigh in first-- he was 3/4 a pound over and he was given an hour--he lost in in 15 mins.

He wasnt drained at all from the weight cut-- he was drained from fighting off the double overhooks he allowed Tito to force on him.

He lost to a better fighter that day- not because of weight loss.

He will make a HUGE impact @ 185-- no doubt in my mind.

Novak is correct...as usual.

sometimes cutting weight backfires Its not set in stone hes gunna be the same strength and recover from cutting the weight But time will tell

"sometimes cutting weight backfires Its not set in stone hes gunna be the same strength and recover from cutting the weight But time will tell "

Daren is correct-- but since he is a former wrestler that knows how to cut weight,has been down to that weight before and knows the routine--I think he chances are great.

Also he isnt gooing to do it all at once-- Rico said over the next 60 days he will be cutting down.

Nothing is guaranteed--but I think he will be just fine.

Novak I do think he can recover but not as sure as you and he aint cut weight for wrestling in how many years ? 10 ? 15 ? I still think he should stay at 205 and eat but its his stomache