Maurice Greene & Walt Harris; Jon Jones' main HW training partners

Both of these guys are HWs with nearly as many losses as wins. Greene was cut by the UFC and Harris is likely on his way to being cut as well.

Anyone else find it interesting Jones has “looked amazing” in training, but his main training partners are Greene and Harris?

3 Likes

Big fish in a small pond to keep his confidence up.

6 Likes

And who is Gane training with? I keep seeing ppl laugh at Jones’ team but I don’t see Gane training with anyone important

Jones’ training team is perfect. Full of guys who explode in the first round of their own fights. So Jones spars them and switches every 5 minutes so each partner of his is fresh while he keeps going

6 Likes

Who cares? He’s fought well at HW and is proven in the division. Jon hasn’t. That’s why his training partners are being questioned leading up to his HW debut.

night GIF

3 Likes

What has Gane proven at HW?

He beat up an old JDS and used illegal strikes to do so.

He beat up a fat boy in Tai Tuavasi

Beat up Derrick Lewis. But who hasn’t? He’s washed

His best win is probably against Alexander Volkov. Who has 4 losses in the ufc

2 Likes

They aren’t skilled HWs. Have you seen Greene fight? He’s just not a good fighter at all, neither on the feet nor the ground.

And all Walt has power and speed, but he’s pretty much a fish out of water on the ground.

These guys are very far from perfect training partners. They’re pretty much just bodies.

3 Likes

All of whom are better than Jones’ training partners.

Do Better GIF by ABC Network

1 Like

Oh and I forgot to add Jones also trains with Don’Tale Mayes.

Asap Rocky Lol GIF

1 Like

question asks GIF

2 Likes

Jones fighting an uphill battle, unless jax&wilk are training him under the radar. If he wins, people will say he beat a nobody that got wrestled by Nagano. He hasn’t fought in forever/moving up in weight.

Is he a dog or favorite? If he’s a dog I might put some dough on him. He hadn’t disappointed yet

This is Ganes squad.

3 Likes

Gane might snap bones’ leg bones with leg kicks to the leg

2 Likes

Goldie is that you?

2 Likes

1 Like

I love this gif.

Simon Phoenix FTW! Demolition Man, sometimes I feel is an underrated film.

3 Likes

Gang Bon Gamin - Michael Schumacher (Clip Officiel) - YouTube

I believe Jones also had Yorgan De Castro and Domingo Barros in his camp. His camp is fine.

1 Like

This Is Fine GIF

Everyone on this forum is just a hater lol. I think Jon jones and Henry cejudo know what they’re doing

3 Likes

What’s Henry Cejudo got to do with any of this?