mavs going all the way this year

they've already proven themselves against the best and will do it again in the playoffs

dirk, nash, finley, and now jamison and walker, the big 3 only got better and now it's working like it should

With their Defense they have no chance.

their defense only has to be good enough, and it is

nah

The Mavs will take it all this year!!

Sorry Floppy, your Kings will go nowhere!!!!!!!!!!

My pick is the Spurs. But, if Timmy's injury prolongs, then my choice goes to the Kings.

Unfortunately I think Cire is correct, unfortunately being that I agree it's probably gonna be the Spurs again. But I'm not gonna count Minnesota out just yet.

Antoine Walker is a malignant tumor. I can't think of any other team that would improve so dramatically by simply not letting one horrible player on the court. Nowitzki, Nash, and Finley to a lesser extent would all be more effective if Walker dissapeared.
http://www.82games.com/0304DAL.HTM

As far as individual stats, you have to really suck to take 4 more shots than your opponent and score 2 less points. Talk about stealing money, he makes 13.5M a year and doesn't belong on the court!
http://www.82games.com/03DAL9C.HTM

And, Dallas has no chance.

Dallas has too many people that need the ball. I also don't like Antoine Walker. But Jamison is working out well for them.

I personally think it will come down to whichever team is healthier between the Lakers and Kings come playoff time.

"their defense only has to be good enough, and it is "

They have one of the worst in the league..That is not good enough to get past the first round.

their defense alone isn't, but comined with their unstoppable offence it gets the job done

i didn't like walker at first either but he's learned to mesh well with this team, taking it inside to make beautiful passes or finish strong himself, the only part of his game that was a problem was jacking lots of threes, he's lost 25 pounds and is playing great

"They have one of the worst in the league..That is not good enough to get past the first round."

They got past the first round last year...apparently it is good enough to get them past the first round.

KINGs baby.

Walker is a really streaky shooter. He has alot of shitty nights, and some really good ones. What he does to make up for it is extremely important though. He's tied for 1st on the Mavs for rebounds per game, (with dirk) and he's second in assists for the team. (behind nash) He's also needed as the mavs have been running him as point when Nash sits out. (travis best is hurt)

Actually while his jumpshot is bad, his defense is downright deplorable. Wow, now I'm going to research this further. He may in fact be the worst defender in the league.

LOL!!!!!!

shawns: think about why. the guy runs point on the offensive side, then on defense he's guarding the likes on Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett, and never once bitched about doing it.

He is assigned to the opposing power forward whomever that may be. I would say attempts to guard but I'm not sure if he even tries.

And yes I'm aware that Dallas plays a lot of zone. So factor that in if you like but even your boy shawns could run around a screen and get a wide open shot against Toine. Or maybe I'd just back him down in the post and then hit my Jordanesque fadeaway.

"They got past the first round last year...apparently it is good enough to get them past the first round"

apparently, Im under the impression that last year has no bearing on this year.

"apparently, Im under the impression that last year has no bearing on this year."

So their defense has gotten worse? It's still the same team.